SGK

www.sgkinc.com
  www.sgkinc.com
There are newer employer reviews for SGK

Decent pay, good benefits, great office location.

I have been working at SGK

Pros

The health benefits are probably the greatest reason to work here. Potential employees are informed of feast or famine work cycles upfront, and management is usually easy about letting you take time off provided you have vacation/personal days available. The office location is GREAT... at Dearborn and Madison, so you are near many restaurants and Millennium Park!

Cons

The main office in Des Plaines keeps laying off people and sending the jobs overseas. No one is safe... even Group Creative Directors have been sacked. Pay scale depends completely on your willingness and ability to negotiate. Variance of upto $20,000 exists between employees of the same position!

STOP SENDING JOBS OVERSEAS.

82 Other Employee Reviews for SGK (View Most Recent)

Freelancers expected to work unlimited overtime.

Former Employee - Freelance Production Artist in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Freelance Production Artist in Chicago, IL

I worked at SGK

Pros

Casual environment, friendly co-workers, professional office space. High profile clients.

Cons

Managers. Company morale. Overtime hours. Turnover. Opportunities for fulltime employment.

Stop answering questions with "That's not my job". Get off your "high-horse" and accept some responsibility.

Good place to work, but can feel isolated at times

I have been working at SGK

Pros

Everyone, no matter from what department, was very nice and willing to help. I never had a problem with the people I worked with and after I left I had connections from all the departments.

Cons

Although everyone was nice, there was never any time to get to really get to know the people you were working with.

Set aside company days where employees can just hang out and get to know each other. It will definitely boost the morale in the office.

There are newer employer reviews for SGK