Employment with Schawk

Current Employee - Associate  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at SGK

Pros

You are respected as a contributor to the success of the company. The atmosphere is pleasant and people are very helpful.

Cons

Compensation is below average and there are no bonuses or incentives provided.

Keep the company moving in a positive direction.

Other Reviews for SGK

If you have no other options.

Former Employee - Designer-Sr. Art Director  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Designer-Sr. Art Director in Chicago, IL

I worked at SGK

Pros

If you need some cash and to get a start in the business it is an ok place to start. You can get some experience here and get it under your belt, but keep your eyes open and learn as much as you can how to to work smarter. Some of the people are great to work with, but it's kind of like being in the trenches of design and rework. The benefits package is good and they do offer fair vacation packages. I would advise to negotiate this upon hire. The location is nice too, in the loop proper.

Cons

Long hours. Not much direction for finding new opportunities and clients. It's pretty much a production house that touts itself for being a creative place to work. Upper management is very unavailable and elusive. They fail to see those that tow the lines and put forth the effort. There is very little recognition for those who put forth the effort to make the deadlines and win accounts. I had helped the creative win three accounts and was not given a bonus nor even lunch for the effort. The photo studio is most likely the worst place to be in this company..

Get to know the ones that work hard and hold this place in piece by delivering.

Unrewarding

I have been working at SGK full-time

Pros

Very up to date with technology, no blame culture. Have a wealth of blue chip companies.

Cons

Salaries are very poor and pay reviews are non existent.
    You will be asked to take on more work and training with few benefits.
    Expressing concerns to management falls on deaf ears, local managements hands are tied by what the global management say.
    In my experience the most unrewarding and disappointing employment I have endured.

HR needs to take a bigger part in ensuring staff are treat with respect and integrity

There are newer employer reviews for SGK.

Worked for SGK? Contribute to the Community!