SGK

www.sgkinc.com

From LA to the 80's and back

Graphic Designer (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsPlenty of rooftop parking, flexible hours, plenty of water coolers, left alone to get work done, teamwork driven at times, the employees are friendly, which is weird cause most places treat freelancers like they are lepers. The location is questionable, but I like that its on this side of the 5 freeway.
They use a payment system that they immediately set you up with and they pay you quickly, within a week.
I come in, get my 8 hours, and get to go home. I love it.

ConsLighting by florescence, 80's drab layout. Weird small little pockets of offices and quite possibly a death trap if you don't know how to get out quickly. No one ever told me there was a kitchen till I was there for a month.

You're kind of brought in, left at your desk with work, then your on your own...how to get out, how to set up files, where to put them, how to get on the server, etc etc. I just recently figured out which printers are where.

There nearest place to eat is 5 min away by car, nothing good is walking distance.

There are like 5 different ways you have to log in your hours. kind of redundant.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat job letting us do our work and explaining the job well. I never have to ask questions and even when its crazy and chaotic, they are calm and collected.

Bait and Switch?

Production Artist (Current Employee) Cupertino, CA

I have been working at SGK full-time for less than a year

Pros: This company is such a scam, that I can not… Cons: This company is so cheap! They lure you in at a day rate that is very reasonable and then slash the pay once convert to… Advice to Senior Management: Provide your employees a competitive wage, health insurance that isn't a scam, cost of… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Schawk

Prepress Operator (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

I worked at SGK full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: cutting edge equipment. Adapts to clients needs Cons: subjected to seasonal layoffs. The Union. Advice to Senior Management: get rid of the union Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on SGK.

Worked for SGK? Contribute to the Community!