From LA to the 80's and back

Current Employee - Graphic Designer  in  Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at SGK as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Plenty of rooftop parking, flexible hours, plenty of water coolers, left alone to get work done, teamwork driven at times, the employees are friendly, which is weird cause most places treat freelancers like they are lepers. The location is questionable, but I like that its on this side of the 5 freeway.
They use a payment system that they immediately set you up with and they pay you quickly, within a week.
I come in, get my 8 hours, and get to go home. I love it.

Cons

Lighting by florescence, 80's drab layout. Weird small little pockets of offices and quite possibly a death trap if you don't know how to get out quickly. No one ever told me there was a kitchen till I was there for a month.

You're kind of brought in, left at your desk with work, then your on your own...how to get out, how to set up files, where to put them, how to get on the server, etc etc. I just recently figured out which printers are where.

There nearest place to eat is 5 min away by car, nothing good is walking distance.

There are like 5 different ways you have to log in your hours. kind of redundant.

Great job letting us do our work and explaining the job well. I never have to ask questions and even when its crazy and chaotic, they are calm and collected.

Other Reviews for SGK

Schawk

Former Employee - Prepress Operator  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Prepress Operator in San Francisco, CA

I worked at SGK full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

cutting edge equipment. Adapts to clients needs

Cons

subjected to seasonal layoffs. The Union.

get rid of the union

Bait and Switch?

Current Employee - Production Artist  in  Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Production Artist in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at SGK full-time for less than a year

Pros

This company is such a scam, that I can not find a single positive thing to say about them.

Cons

This company is so cheap! They lure you in at a day rate that is very reasonable and then slash the pay once convert to full-time. They offer health insurance that is outrageously expensive and doesn't actually cover anything. Performance reviews that don't result in anything more than paperwork. They do not offer raises,! No cost of living increases! No advancement! This place obviously doesn't care about it's employees and it is obvious on a daily basis.

Provide your employees a competitive wage, health insurance that isn't a scam, cost of living increases, performance based raises and provide your employees with an intranet that works.

There are newer employer reviews for SGK.

Worked for SGK? Contribute to the Community!