There are newer employer reviews for SGK

Quality Assurance Analyst

Former Employee - QA Analyst in Des Plaines, IL
Former Employee - QA Analyst in Des Plaines, IL

I worked at SGK as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Very nice QA team, highly professional business managers and developers, environment conducive high performance

Cons

My contract was finished in 1,5 years.

82 Other Employee Reviews for SGK (View Most Recent)

Creative, fast paced environment

I have been working at SGK full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Much freedom to be a self-directed individual. Very easy to have dialogue with management and implement changes if needed. Colleagues are fun, intelligent, and hard-working.

Cons

Sometimes lack of direction, and communication. Often untrained in area of need, but expected to learn very quickly in a different discipline. Corporate is becoming increasingly like "Big Brother" requiring tests for salary reviews, and goal making to actually receive one. Very low morale concerning salaries and reinforcements- there none, which is discouraging after many lay offs.

Appreciate your workers. Give them credit for making things run smoothly instead of farming it all to China and India. There is a big discrepancy in salary among some positions: we all work equally as hard to achieve our goals, salary should reflect that.

Project Manager

Former Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at SGK full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good people. Job was fun. Worked with great talent.

Cons

Compensation. "Merit" increases do not match what you hear in reviews. Management has said that "you have hit your cap for salary, do not expect any more increases unless you change positions." Why risk loosing an employee who is good at their job and enjoys their job.

Match the merit increase to the review. There is no incentive to work for this company. They are going to start to loose clients to their biggest competitor due to the loss of good talent if they continue this way. Don't throw 60 years of business in our face thanking employees for getting you there. Your actions speak louder than words. Show your appreciation in ways that count if you want another 60 years.

There are newer employer reviews for SGK