SGK

www.sgkinc.com
  www.sgkinc.com
There are newer employer reviews for SGK

If you have no other options.

Former Employee - Designer-Sr. Art Director in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Designer-Sr. Art Director in Chicago, IL

I worked at SGK

Pros

If you need some cash and to get a start in the business it is an ok place to start. You can get some experience here and get it under your belt, but keep your eyes open and learn as much as you can how to to work smarter. Some of the people are great to work with, but it's kind of like being in the trenches of design and rework. The benefits package is good and they do offer fair vacation packages. I would advise to negotiate this upon hire. The location is nice too, in the loop proper.

Cons

Long hours. Not much direction for finding new opportunities and clients. It's pretty much a production house that touts itself for being a creative place to work. Upper management is very unavailable and elusive. They fail to see those that tow the lines and put forth the effort. There is very little recognition for those who put forth the effort to make the deadlines and win accounts. I had helped the creative win three accounts and was not given a bonus nor even lunch for the effort. The photo studio is most likely the worst place to be in this company..

Get to know the ones that work hard and hold this place in piece by delivering.

83 Other Employee Reviews for SGK (View Most Recent)

Unrewarding

I have been working at SGK full-time

Pros

Very up to date with technology, no blame culture. Have a wealth of blue chip companies.

Cons

Salaries are very poor and pay reviews are non existent.
    You will be asked to take on more work and training with few benefits.
    Expressing concerns to management falls on deaf ears, local managements hands are tied by what the global management say.
    In my experience the most unrewarding and disappointing employment I have endured.

HR needs to take a bigger part in ensuring staff are treat with respect and integrity

Horrible, Horrible, Horrible!

Former Employee - Haed Whipping Boy in Mumbai (India)
    Former Employee - Haed Whipping Boy in Mumbai (India)

I worked at SGK full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Co-workers are good people. Just about everyone is a seasoned professional. I only wish I could say the same about management...

Cons

Management is full of family members and cronies. Ethics seem to be non existent. I once filed an anonymous report about it on their "ethics point" and was later called in to the directors office about it. Hmm, not so anonymous. Reviews are a joke. They are a tool of management to make a invisible ceiling that cannot possible be reached, therefore you fail to get any meaningful raise.

They are beyond and above taking advise, Just do everyone a favor and grab your fat golden parachutes and LEAVE!

There are newer employer reviews for SGK