SGK
www.sgkinc.com Des Plaines, IL 1000 to 5000 Employees

If you have no other options.

Designer-Sr. Art Director (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at SGK

ProsIf you need some cash and to get a start in the business it is an ok place to start. You can get some experience here and get it under your belt, but keep your eyes open and learn as much as you can how to to work smarter. Some of the people are great to work with, but it's kind of like being in the trenches of design and rework. The benefits package is good and they do offer fair vacation packages. I would advise to negotiate this upon hire. The location is nice too, in the loop proper.

ConsLong hours. Not much direction for finding new opportunities and clients. It's pretty much a production house that touts itself for being a creative place to work. Upper management is very unavailable and elusive. They fail to see those that tow the lines and put forth the effort. There is very little recognition for those who put forth the effort to make the deadlines and win accounts. I had helped the creative win three accounts and was not given a bonus nor even lunch for the effort. The photo studio is most likely the worst place to be in this company..

Advice to Senior ManagementGet to know the ones that work hard and hold this place in piece by delivering.

Unrewarding

I have been working at SGK full-time

Pros: Very up to date with technology, no blame culture. Have… Cons: Salaries are very poor and pay reviews are non existent. You will be asked to take on more work and training with few benefits. Expressing concerns to… Advice to Senior Management: HR needs to take a bigger part in ensuring staff… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Horrible, Horrible, Horrible!

Haed Whipping Boy (Former Employee)
Mumbai (India)

I worked at SGK full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Co-workers are good people. Just about everyone is a seasoned… Cons: Management is full of family members and cronies. Ethics seem to be non existent. I once filed an anonymous report about it on their… Advice to Senior Management: They are beyond and above taking advise, Just do everyone… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on SGK.

Worked for SGK? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SGK reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SGK CEO David A. Schawk. All reviews posted anonymously by SGK employees.