There are newer employer reviews for SGN Nutrition

They cancel your next shift if you dont hit your sales goal...

Former Employee - Demo
Former Employee - Demo

I worked at SGN Nutrition part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Vitamin drink actually doesn't taste that bad. There is a commission structure after you hit your target of 20 boxes, but it isn't very much--2$ a box after 20. They will supply you with free samples of the product for personal use. THey do pay you for the minimal training they give you. (less than 2 hours)

Cons

The product is hard to sell,and expensive.I am doubtful that it is as effective as the company says it is bc its claims have not been substantiated by the FDA. This company doesn't give very good training, everything is done over the web. You need to have a smartphone to email pics of your table set up to your manager. They make you purchase a table for 40 dollars out of your first paycheck... they say they will reimburse you in a week. Craziness right? I didn't get a job bc I had extra money to throw away...sheesh.

Advice to Management

SMALLER TERRITORIES, more face to face training and manager visits. Do away with that 40 table that you make demoers buy. Just pay for it yourself! and ship it to their store or home.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. current promoter in Lancaster, CA

Current Employee - Promoter in Lancaster, CA
    Current Employee - Promoter in Lancaster, CA

I have been working at SGN Nutrition part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A terrific company with a wonderful product that supplies great support and training as well. Not for the meek or timid though. However, if you're out going and high energy you can make some sweet money. I'm averaging about $25/hr.

Cons

None as yet for me, though I suppose an extra day or two a week might be nice.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

2. Lack of Communication and Management does not care.

Current Employee - Sales Promoter in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Sales Promoter in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at SGN Nutrition part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hours are flexible, but that's about it. Product is overpriced even at warehouse pricing.

Cons

Showed for work only to discover by a customer that the product was being offered at a lower rate online with a manufacturer's rebate coupon and free shipping for less than I could offer in store. When inquiring, I received no feed back from either my team or team leader. Nothing like cutting the throat of sales promoters who are paid hourly + commission + bonuses based on boxes sold during shift. There is no integrity and management does not care about their salespeople. No integrity!

Advice to Management

Communicate and care for the sales team at storefronts.