Direct Sales

Current Employee - Promoter
Current Employee - Promoter

I have been working at SGN Nutrition

Pros

The compensation structure provides great opportunities to be awarded for doing well in sales. The scheduling is very flexible and allows promoters to find substitutes under certain condittions.

Cons

Since the performance of a promoter depends on sales, some work days can be very slow, which in turn lead to low sales numbers. The inconsistency of the sales market is the biggest drawback in some stores.

The leadership is doing great as each manager is working hard and trying to maintain a good stream of communication between them and the promoters.

Other Reviews for SGN Nutrition

Great for extra cash, but not a career

I worked at SGN Nutrition

Pros

-The best part about this job was the level of independence it gives you, I only ever saw the man who interviewed me, otherwise i never met a single co-worker. Being self reliant and having 0 micro managing was great.

-It was easy to get new supplies and phone interaction with other coworkers was always pleasant

Cons

-training was frustrating, they do 2 conference calls when they hire people with 0 sales experience and expect them to be super stars right out of the gate.

-It was hard to upsell certain days, the company had Spanish on their signs in addition to English, but in the area I was it was pretty much useless. They had no plans to add Asian languages or Eastern European, which would have aided in sales significantly.

Do more demographic research on each store you send a seller to

Seems Like An Easy Sell, But It Isn't

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Miami, FL

I worked at SGN Nutrition part-time for less than a year

Pros

Easy to get hired. Easy training. You work independent of any oversight. You get to work in Costco with some cool people.

Cons

Poor training. Company does not have a consistent message and changes management constantly. Product has been in Costco for a while and most of the customers in the store have already tried it and have already made a decision to buy it. There's very little you can do to change their mind. Also, this company had 6 reps at the store before me, and some of them did a lot to damage how customers view the product.

Rehire Richard Ennis. After you fired him, the company went downhill quick. I always felt like he cared about me, but the new Regional has a lot to learn about how to motivate people and is a jerk. Also, stop telling your employees one thing and then do another. You guys need to make your minds up.

There are newer employer reviews for SGN Nutrition.

Worked for SGN Nutrition? Contribute to the Community!