There are newer employer reviews for SGN Nutrition

Direct Sales

Current Employee - Promoter
Current Employee - Promoter

I have been working at SGN Nutrition

Pros

The compensation structure provides great opportunities to be awarded for doing well in sales. The scheduling is very flexible and allows promoters to find substitutes under certain condittions.

Cons

Since the performance of a promoter depends on sales, some work days can be very slow, which in turn lead to low sales numbers. The inconsistency of the sales market is the biggest drawback in some stores.

The leadership is doing great as each manager is working hard and trying to maintain a good stream of communication between them and the promoters.

14 Other Employee Reviews for SGN Nutrition (View Most Recent)

Good at first and things started changing

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC

I worked at SGN Nutrition part-time for less than a year

Pros

Opportunity to make commission based on sales. The product is nutritional in nature and is a supplement with electrolytes like Gatorade. If you are in a store that has high traffic and the customers in that area are into health and wellness you may make some good money.

Cons

Hard product to sell. When I first started It was good. I was making more than quota and getting extra commissions. I was selling in Costco and management thought that the spot that I was in was too close to the register lanes and then I was unable to sell as much because they but me in a low traffic area. Soon the policies started changing and there was more micromanaging so I decided it wasn't a good fit for me any longer

Wish that the Eco Drink tasted better

Great for extra cash, but not a career

I worked at SGN Nutrition

Pros

-The best part about this job was the level of independence it gives you, I only ever saw the man who interviewed me, otherwise i never met a single co-worker. Being self reliant and having 0 micro managing was great.

-It was easy to get new supplies and phone interaction with other coworkers was always pleasant

Cons

-training was frustrating, they do 2 conference calls when they hire people with 0 sales experience and expect them to be super stars right out of the gate.

-It was hard to upsell certain days, the company had Spanish on their signs in addition to English, but in the area I was it was pretty much useless. They had no plans to add Asian languages or Eastern European, which would have aided in sales significantly.

Do more demographic research on each store you send a seller to

There are newer employer reviews for SGN Nutrition

Worked for SGN Nutrition? Contribute to the Community!