SGS

www.sgs.com

If you're very lucky, a great chance to form a solid international network.

Lab Tech (Current Employee)

ProsLarge international company with opportunities to network globally.
Very knowledgeable people (if you can track them down and connect with them) in a wide variety of businesses.
Stable job.
Good "starter company" to prepare you to work elsewhere.

ConsVery poor communication between departments, branches, divisions or countries. You will be re-inventing the wheel.
Jealousy & competition between branches is discouraged in word, but encouraged in deed. You must be very careful who you help or very secretive if you do lend a hand to another branch.
No chance for promotion. If you're hired on as management then you have a chance to move up, otherwise the company will hire from the outside before they promote from within.
Little direction from management on where the company is going.
Bureaucracy.
Stagnant culture. Zero ability to implement change on a local, national or global level.
Very low wages compared to similar positions with other companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere's lots of talk about "The Plan" but never any action. Vision is a great and necessary part of a company, but it doesn't get you very far. Define what each division, each branch, each department and each employee needs to accomplish to support "The Plan' and then maybe you'll get some buy-in from the rank and file.

If I was asked to return to the company, I would definetively not do that

Coordinator (Former Employee)

I worked at SGS

Pros: The best reason to work at SGS is that you share lots of information with different customers, and… Cons: Very low salaries, too much work (no weekends or holidays), absolutely no job… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

work experience

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dhaka (Bangladesh)

I have been working at SGS

Pros: Honesty is best thinking. We always follow my work place… Cons: We feel all-time heisted and so late of good understand… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on SGS.

Worked for SGS? Contribute to the Community!