There are newer employer reviews for SHI International

Good experience, but don't expect to make a career out of it.

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Piscataway, NJ
Current Employee - Inside Sales in Piscataway, NJ

I have been working at SHI International

Pros

They do give decent benefits, and if you need something to put on your resume, it is good experience to list. Also, because of vendor visits and quarterly shows, there are opportunities to win gift certificates or small electronics, and there are plenty of giveaways. We never want for pens, sticky notes, and weird desk nicknacks. Any immediate managers or supervisors are approachable, and easy to talk to. They recently built a kiosk for breakfast and lunch. It's a bit expensive, but convenient, and the food is pretty good.

Cons

It is very difficult to move ahead, and if you do receive an offer, it may well be for less than your current job, when you take in commission. Things are changing there, and one SMB sales rep had said that it would have been unthinkable to have a promotion come with a cut in pay. HR is unwilling to negotiate. There is plenty of competition for other positions, as the morale among ISRs is low. Many of us feel as though we are expendable. Higher management is significantly less approachable than immediate managers, and they seem like they are out of touch with the general employees. While it is never stated, the inside sales employees are expected to finish their work, and leave either at their regular time, or when the work is finished-whichever is second. Some of us have worked 12- to 13-hour days.

Take a closer look at the way that your workers are feeling. The employees are feeling lost in the shuffle with the reorganization, and there may well be a mass exodus in the near future.

112 Other Employee Reviews for SHI International (View Most Recent)

Great company to work for!

I have been working at SHI International full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Career growth opportunities and the ability to make decisions on your own and with your team. Great company to make a name for yourself.

Cons

You run your own business basically in whatever role you are in at SHI. So you own up to your performance at the company whether good or bad.

Management is great in assisting as long as they take the time out to hear the employee out.

A company that will help you grow as it continues to grow

I have been working at SHI International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have been able to grow on a lot of different levels both personally and professionally while working here. As a company, the motivation to continue to strive for greatness is contagious! Not only is the company working as a One Stop Shop experience for the customers day in and day out, I feel it is a One Stop Shop experience for the employees—the environment is one where you can learn, grow, and continue to be creative with the resources available making it exciting to come to work every day.

Cons

A challenge that stands out, is that you need to keep up with the fast pace that has been created due to the hard work that everyone is putting into motion.

To continue to support your teams on every level as much as possible as we continue to grow!

There are newer employer reviews for SHI International