SHI International

www.shi.com

Where are you going with this company? Nowhere!

ProsI work out of the HQ office, we have access to gym, cafeteria and onsite nurse. The people you work with are all fresh out of college for the most part so the atmosphere can be pretty laid back. They'll hire pretty mucy anyone so it's a good job right out of college. Just don't expect to stick around for long.

ConsUpper management could care less about you. The pay is attrocious but as others mentioned, people are afraid of leaving for fear of not finding another job. You will probably start in inside sales, making awful pay and even less comission (unless you get lucky and are put in a good account). Try and move around in the company and you quickly find that all other departments are just the same.

I worked my butt off on my prior position in this company, often working insane amount of hours overtime in a highly stressful position. I went above and beyond my job and got nothing in return. No thanks from management or the sales reps. They made no attemp to keep me in the position when I looked elsewhere and then ask one another just what is making people leave. Management is a HUGE joke, it's all based on popularity and they often have no idea how to manage. The CEO only cares about her bottom line, and that is making more and more money.

We barely get any time off and when you do want to take a day off it's almost like you're doing a bad thing-sort of frowned to take off. There aren't enough paid holidays and the yearly bonus is basically nothing. You will NOT move up within this company, since the old timers arent going anywhere. While they get paid the big bucks, the little people doing all the hard work get zero recognition.

There used to be a huge high turn over rate within this company and it's only slowed down because of the economy. I cannot possibly understand why anyone would stay with this company past a few years. You learn no skills that you can take on to another job.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to actually learn to manage--they need to bring an outsider to evaluate this company because it's run like its still a small IT company.

Great culture, trying to transform in the new IT marketplace

I have been working at SHI International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: tight knit culture that supports families and work/life balance, loyal to employees and a culture of promoting from within whenever possible, very stable company financially,… Cons: low pay relative to industry for staff workers (only way to make good money is in sales), promote from within sometimes… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

First year is critical to career at SHI

Account Executive (Former Employee)

I worked at SHI International

Pros: Transparent growth targets, fair compensation, strong partnerships with Microsoft, Dell,… Cons: Internal systems are limiting to productivity Management not available to newer… Advice to Senior Management: Work closely with new talent to help them Ramp-up Adapt a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on SHI International.

Worked for SHI International? Contribute to the Community!