SHI International

www.shi.com

SHI's Corporate Culture Change

Current Employee - Account Executive Public Sector
Current Employee - Account Executive Public Sector

Pros

No caps on earnings and great sales support. Earnings can be great with the right territory and accounts.

Cons

Company culture of providing straight commission sales reps autonomy is gone. New layers of management, added administrative duties and the creation of the Corp Sales Division have caused a lot of confusion, disappointment and diminished what made the company special and unique. Sales management titles are now being given to some individuals who have very little sales skills let alone sales management skills.

Remember what made your company special

Other reviews for SHI International

Inside Sales Representative

Pros

Good Commission if you are on a good account...Lots of opportunity to do well if you are motivated

Cons

No flexibility as far as working from home, no need to be there everyday. Sales Reps could easily work from home

Allow reps to work from home at least part time

Where are you going with this company? Nowhere!

Pros

I work out of the HQ office, we have access to gym, cafeteria and onsite nurse. The people you work with are all fresh out of college for the most part so the atmosphere can be pretty laid back. They'll hire pretty mucy anyone so it's a good job right out of college. Just don't expect to stick around for long.

Cons

Upper management could care less about you. The pay is attrocious but as others mentioned, people are afraid of leaving for fear of not finding another job. You will probably start in inside sales, making awful pay and even less comission (unless you get lucky and are put in a good account). Try and move around in the company and you quickly find that all other departments are just the same.

I worked my butt off on my prior position in this company, often working insane amount of hours overtime in a highly stressful position. I went above and beyond my job and got nothing in return. No thanks from management or the sales reps. They made no attemp to keep me in the position when I looked elsewhere and then ask one another just what is making people leave. Management is a HUGE joke, it's all based on popularity and they often have no idea how to manage. The CEO only cares about her bottom line, and that is making more and more money.

We barely get any time off and when you do want to take a day off it's almost like you're doing a bad thing-sort of frowned to take off. There aren't enough paid holidays and the yearly bonus is basically nothing. You will NOT move up within this company, since the old timers arent going anywhere. While they get paid the big bucks, the little people doing all the hard work get zero recognition.

There used to be a huge high turn over rate within this company and it's only slowed down because of the economy. I cannot possibly understand why anyone would stay with this company past a few years. You learn no skills that you can take on to another job.

Management needs to actually learn to manage--they need to bring an outsider to evaluate this company because it's run like its still a small IT company.

There are newer employer reviews for SHI International.

Worked for SHI International? Contribute to the Community!