SHI International
www.shi.com Somerset, NJ 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great experience to go anywhere in the IT sales field

Account Executive (Former Employee)

ProsLow base salaries but huge upside if you can consistently exceed your quota. It can be a laid back, flexible work place but that can also depend on your manager. Benefits were good, health insurance was great and cheap for a single person. Perks from vendors, such as sporting events, contests with generous payouts, spiffs, etc. Team selling is great if you have a good relationship with your inside rep (which I did, so it was a positive experience for both of us). The CEO has a great vision for the organization as a whole and while it's not always executed well, there is a commitment to customer satisfaction.

This is a great position to get a lot of experience in IT in a short amount of time. You can make a lot of connections at major manufacturers which could lead to more and better career opportunities. Stick it out here for 2 years and you could have a lot of doors opened to you.

ConsVery little opportunity for advancement if you aren't willing to relocate to NJ or Austin. Low base salaries for experienced sales reps so the financial peaks and valleys can be extreme. Management can be unappreciative and short sighted about retaining good talent. There was more and more micromanagement.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize the good people and work to retain them. Every one might be replaceable but it most likely won't be with anyone as good.

Great Company

Account Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at SHI International full-time for more than a year

Pros: Ability to make your own schedule, good pay, great benefits Cons: none at all as of now Advice to Senior Management: none Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Learnt a lot over the course of 5 Years

Inside Sales Account Manager (Current Employee)
    Somerset, NJ

I have been working at SHI International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Its a mixed staff. Always friendly..work events and lots of free food! Management always ready to help. This… Cons: Forget about having plans on month end ...or quarter end or year end ( December 31st).… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on SHI International.

Worked for SHI International? Contribute to the Community!

SHI International – Why Work for Us?

Careers at SHI In addition to a competitive salary and high-quality benefits package, SHI offers an exciting, fun and supportive environment that was recently recognized by our employees as one of the best places to… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SHI International reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SHI International CEO Thai Lee. All reviews posted anonymously by SHI International employees.