SHI International

www.shi.com
There are newer employer reviews for SHI International

A very special place to work. It doesn't get much better than this.

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at SHI International

Pros

It is a very unique enviroment. It is the best of both worlds. You get to run you business how you see fit but you get all the support you would expect from a 2 billion + company.

Cons

Because you run your own business, you are married to it. We can take as much vaction as we would likd but I rarely do because I'm afraid that a customer may have an urgent need and I won't be there for them.

Love what you are doing!

124 Other Employee Reviews for SHI International (View Most Recent)

Good experience, but don't expect to make a career out of it.

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Piscataway, NJ
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Piscataway, NJ

I have been working at SHI International

Pros

They do give decent benefits, and if you need something to put on your resume, it is good experience to list. Also, because of vendor visits and quarterly shows, there are opportunities to win gift certificates or small electronics, and there are plenty of giveaways. We never want for pens, sticky notes, and weird desk nicknacks. Any immediate managers or supervisors are approachable, and easy to talk to. They recently built a kiosk for breakfast and lunch. It's a bit expensive, but convenient, and the food is pretty good.

Cons

It is very difficult to move ahead, and if you do receive an offer, it may well be for less than your current job, when you take in commission. Things are changing there, and one SMB sales rep had said that it would have been unthinkable to have a promotion come with a cut in pay. HR is unwilling to negotiate. There is plenty of competition for other positions, as the morale among ISRs is low. Many of us feel as though we are expendable. Higher management is significantly less approachable than immediate managers, and they seem like they are out of touch with the general employees. While it is never stated, the inside sales employees are expected to finish their work, and leave either at their regular time, or when the work is finished-whichever is second. Some of us have worked 12- to 13-hour days.

Take a closer look at the way that your workers are feeling. The employees are feeling lost in the shuffle with the reorganization, and there may well be a mass exodus in the near future.

Account Executive

I worked at SHI International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Top level leadership is good. Internal systems are good cutting edge IT is actually used in everyday business. Work from home policies were very good.

Cons

The company lacked direction would change at the drop of a hat. Sales positions are a revolving door most people are out the door in two years or less.

There are newer employer reviews for SHI International