There are newer employer reviews for SHI International

Its an Animal House

I have been working at SHI International

Pros

Great way to learn IT industry in all ways. You can become very dangerous learning the industry from SHI. Decent pay.

Cons

The leadership says they care...don't believe the hype. Its a shark tank, period. Stay away, lest you be eaten. Very selfish company with a "me me me" mentality. Everyone also constantly passes the buck, unwilling to help. Instead, you get a snarky condescending used car salesman atmosphere. This company has a lot of hubris (just go to a sales conference awards show to see what I mean). However, theres a sprinkling of some genuine good people there.

Advice to Management

Realize that just because YOU think you have a value prop that is sooooo good, doesn't mean much. In reality, customers view you as self serving jerks, rather than truly caring consultants. Simplify and hire/train more true professionals rather than some 21 yr old college kids. Your corp division is a bunch of out of control punk kids.

reviews filtered by

Need to Review Growth Plan & Management Accountability

I worked at SHI International

Pros

-Young, vivacious, but professional environment

Cons

-Management brought in from competitors has skewed company's growth plan & vision
    -Disparity of how management is held accountable for their actions
    -Very stiff consequences for minor offences committed by some individuals and no consequences for larger ones committed by others

Advice to Management

For upper management specifically, review the standards to which you hold your managers on the team level (inside & field). Set precedent to what is acceptable/unacceptable behavior and hold all to the same consequences.

Also note, hiring more heads doesn't always equate to more profit.

2. review company

Former Employee - Contracts Manager in Somerset, NJ
    Former Employee - Contracts Manager in Somerset, NJ

I worked at SHI International full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very youthful colleagues, high energy, good atmosphere, great HR.

Cons

Not enough work in a small start-up group, made it very difficult to go in every day and look for things to do. Now I'm back to drawing board.

There are newer employer reviews for SHI International