SHI International

There are newer employer reviews for SHI International

Cube Farm Work Horse

Current Employee - Inside Account Manager in Somerset, NJ
Current Employee - Inside Account Manager in Somerset, NJ

I have been working at SHI International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good job right out of college - dont expect much else
Various vendor events
Some managers are fantastic like mine. They care about you and want to help - but are shut down by higher management when they make suggestions to make things better

Cons

Its a cube farm. Sit at your desk, place orders, deal with crap from customers/vendors, dont talk to anyone. Yes you have vendor events, you get free stuff and food but its all perks for a crap job. Its work work work with no bonus. We dont get paid enough for what we do. It could be a blizzard outside - horrible conditions ex. Hurricane Sandy - and they still expect you to come in and take away PTO days if you do not. I am currently applying to other jobs to leave this place. They dont care about you. Youre just a number. High turn over.

Good for right out of school for "experience" then leave - I dont know how some people stay here this long

Care more about your employees. A ping pong table will not make up for the fact that you take away our PTO for horrible weather conditions. We dont get paid enough to kill ourselves and come into work.

116 Other Employee Reviews for SHI International (View Most Recent)

Fast Growing Company

I have been working at SHI International

Pros

fast growing company with solid value system

Cons

Work life balance can be difficult to achieve

Great company to gain experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ

I have been working at SHI International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I've been here going on 3 years and it's been great. The company is growing so there are opportunities for growth within the company. Every place has some cons, but overall this is a great place to work with a great vibe.

Opportunities to learn, managers who want to help you advance, amazing culture, and (mostly) awesome co-workers

Cons

Low pay, really my only issue

Pay employees (if they are good at what they do) more to have qualified teams to support the business.

There are newer employer reviews for SHI International