There are newer employer reviews for SHOWA Corporation

it use to be a great place to work from 1993 to 2009/after that employer didn't care about empl. at all !!

Former Employee - Facility Maintenance in Blanchester, OH
Former Employee - Facility Maintenance in Blanchester, OH

I worked at SHOWA Corporation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

go pay,desent insurance,co-workes great to work with, always being busy.

Cons

took away our monthly attenance bonus.took 6% of our pay,my senior manager didn't know his *** from a hole in the ground !!!!!

PLANT MANAGER IS WORTHLESS,needs to fired for example he hit me very hard in left shoulder ,they are not aloud to touch especially hitting associates {Blanchester Plant),he's a idiot !!

reviews filtered by
  1. Great for having zero experience.

I worked at SHOWA Corporation

Pros

I was looking for the best entry level position I could find in the area and Shows us where I was pointed. Temp to hire position and I got hired in 4 months. Set pay raise schedule. Every 6 months until you reach 2.5 years. Good pay. Ability to advance to technician or section head if you can pass the test and interview. Some really good people there.

Cons

Managers were idiots. Shift vs. shift bickering throughout the whole plant. Cut pay by 6% and never gave it back. Stop cost of living annual increases. Stopped perfect attendance bonuses. Laid off 30% of employees in 2012. Temps got screwed on hiring. Some worked there for almost 3 years and never got hired.

Work on shift to shift cohesion. If all shifts are on the same page then things will run more smoothly. Pay more attention to who actually does the job correctly and put less stock into seniority. Just because someone has been there for 10+ years doesn't mean they know or do things better than the guy/gal who's been there for 2.

There are newer employer reviews for SHOWA Corporation