There are newer employer reviews for SHPS

I am given the opportunity to think critically and creatively.

Current Employee - Corporate  in  Louisville, KY
Current Employee - Corporate in Louisville, KY

I have been working at SHPS

Pros

I work with a group of talented and intelligent individuals, and with a manager who takes the time to mentor me. Not only have I gained a deep knowledge of the healthcare and benefits industries, my job expertise has grown during my time at SHPS. I get to work on a variety of projects and have direct interaction with senior management. I feel trusted and most importantly, I feel the work I do matters. I'm also continually impressed by my co-workers across the entire company and the passion they have for the work they do.

Cons

The regulatory nature of healthcare and benefits means that SHPS' strategy often changes, sometimes without warning. This means priorities change quickly and the environment can be chaotic. The recession has also taken its toll and employee morale is low. However, I've worked here long enough that I see this as simply a bump in the road.

You've done a good job recently of communicating with your employees. Please continue with the town hall meetings and such. We're starving for more information.

38 Other Employee Reviews for SHPS (View Most Recent)

Chaotic, constantly changing company with below average benefits/salary and poor employee morale.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I have been working at SHPS

Pros

Some flexibility in schedule depending on your position and department. Begining now to offer good educational opportunities. Strong health/wellness employee programs. Great co-worker relationships.

Cons

There has been some excellent talent and ideas coming from this company. Much of the talent has jumped ship and many of the ideas just never take off or are plagued with system barriers/complications. No tangible effort by upper management to resolve serious issues that hinder employee success and productivity. Review processes are punitive in nature and offer little motivation to grow/improve. Very poor employee morale. Regular, annual layoffs without warning at year end.

Somehow, you are still blessed with some talented, dedicated employees. A serious, tangible effort must be made to resolve system issues, provide vision and direction, improve employee morale and reward these employees for their dedication - they are your greatest asset.

The SHPS is sinking

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I worked at SHPS

Pros

Some cool coworkers. The salad bar in the Aramark Cafe is awesome. Healthy vending machine options. The bathrooms are always clean.

Cons

Mandatory overtime. Lack of respect and communication from management. VERY micro managed. No raises for four years while insurance premiums continued to rise. All the talented and smart employees are leaving for other companies. Constant system changes that slow down work instead of making it easier. Bosses that don't lead and are out of touch with their employees. Poor employee morale. Bad benefits. Terrible pay.

Pay your employees a fair wage to retain talent. Listen to ideas that employees have to make SHPS a better place. Your employees are your allies; there is no reason to hide information from them.

There are newer employer reviews for SHPS

Worked for SHPS? Contribute to the Community!