SJSU Spartan Shops
www.spartanshops.com San Jose, CA

Low pay, boring job

Barista (Former Employee)
San Jose, CA

ProsIt is on campus, so it is convenient to got there, work and study. The work is easy to learn. Majority people work there are students, so it's easy to get along with coworker.

ConsLow pay, only $8/hour, even when you become a lead, you may only get $9.25. All SJSU spartan shop services do not allow to take tips, even if the customer insist, we have to refuse, which sucks. No benefit.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more friendly and understanding with students, we have both work and study.

the university is like government, big and wasteful

Cashier (Former Employee)

I worked at SJSU Spartan Shops full-time for less than a year

Pros: Good benefits, collegial atmosphere. A chance to take college classes for almost free.… Cons: To get anything done requires filling out a form. Very wasteful, if you have… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

entry-level

Caterer (Current Employee)

I have been working at SJSU Spartan Shops

Pros: to start a career track or line of jobs in… Cons: minimum wage, not much space for mobility or personal growth,… Advice to Senior Management: most wouldn't listen. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on SJSU Spartan Shops.

Worked for SJSU Spartan Shops? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SJSU Spartan Shops reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SJSU Spartan Shops CEO Lisa Thomas. All reviews posted anonymously by SJSU Spartan Shops employees.