SK+G

www.skglasvegas.com

Ok for 1st career.

Account Executive (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsThere were some really great, dedicated professionals employed at SK+G while I was an AE. A lot of employees would really band together to get projects done (even if that meant all night work). Great Design Team and great Design Team leadership. Group Creative Directors are great and easy to work with.
Most of the Account Supervisors are great, easy to work with and really want to help their team grow and learn.
The environment was open and loose which was a great change from a "buttoned down" environment.

ConsNo ECD meant the owner would make ECD decisions, kill presentations, pitches, concepts before client presentations (sometimes hours before a pitch). It seemed as though the Group Creative Directors were left powerless to really execute and act as Creative Directors because of the ownership (they often seemed beat down under this leadership).

Employees were often treated as "children" from the Office Manager and it seemed as the norm around the office was "you should be lucky to have this job."

Some of the departments operated with little or no leadership (i.e Interactive and Broadcast Departments routinely failed to meet internal and external deadlines which meant working alongside these employees was VERY difficult) and very frustrating). No consequences for departments not delivering on time to clients (AM team routinely had to apologize and ask for forgiveness).
 I would be hard pressed to say I knew of anyone that really enjoyed their position or really wanted to be employed by SK+G (toward the end of my employment) due to many internal management "issues."

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk to employees and keep them in the loop regarding possible new business. Allow everyone a chance to work on new business pitches (sometimes the best ideas come from the fresh people).
Evaluate what's going on within the agency. Find out why the Interactive Department routinely does not meet deadlines and why does the Broadcast Department seemingly operate as if they were more important then the rest of the agency.

Work at Starbucks. You'll have better pay, respect and benefits.

Art Director (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at SK+G

Pros: The group of low level employees - mostly entry level… Cons: Gross incompetence at the very top. The success of the company was based on personal relationships of the owner turned into professional relationships, but… Advice to Senior Management: Don't start businesses in industries you know nothing about. Seriously.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

live everyday to the fullest.

Junior Graphic Designer (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV

I worked at SK+G

Pros: the work enviornment was the best thing about sk+g. the office is fabulous and the people on the working level cared about your well-being. the… Cons: each day could be your last. Advice to Senior Management: none More
There are newer reviews on SK+G.

Worked for SK+G? Contribute to the Community!