SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory
www.slac.stanford.edu Menlo Park, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great People, Great "Campus", Laid Back

Web Specialist (Former Employee)
Menlo Park, CA

I worked at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory as a contractor for less than a year

ProsThe people are all awesome and smart, but also fun and quirky. You will learn A TON just from going to lunch with co-workers. The hours are pretty flexible depending on your schedule.

ConsThe traffic can be bad on 280/Sand Hill Road before and after work, and other than the cafeteria there aren't many food options close by unless you drive.

Aging facility, but with new mission and highly intelligent staff

I have been working at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory full-time

Pros: Some of the smartest and most talented people you will ever meet work here. Many are… Cons: Decades-old facility (and in some cases business practices) which has only been improved when absolutely necessary. Many policies and… Advice to Senior Management: Management should focus on constantly whittling down or eliminating unnecessary and bloated practices which slow down progress. Simply… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Very resistent to change in regards to business operations.

I have been working at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory

Pros: In the last few years many have been hired into business operations to update outdated business practices and systems. Being government funded they've… Cons: Unfortunately there is not substantive support from the top to enable bus ops to easily move from an old, heavily customized system to current best… Advice to Senior Management: While the consensus management model can work, it is extremely difficult when those you need consensus from are not working together towards the same goals.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory.

Worked for SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory CEO Chi-Chang Kao. All reviews posted anonymously by SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory employees.