SLI Systems

www.sli-systems.com

A breath of fresh air!

Product Manager (Current Employee) Christchurch (New Zealand)

ProsI came to SLI Systems after working for a very large bricks and mortar corporate for the last 7 years - and haven't looked back once. I don't say this lightly because with a mortgage and young family it was a big decision for me to decide to leave the security of my last job behind, but after one morning at SLI I knew I had made the right decision.

There is a real sense of dynamism:
* Innovation, initiative and self management are not just tolerated but encouraged.
* The client base is always pushing us to do new and exciting things.
* Our competitors look to us for ideas so they are always playing catch up
* Management are always making the latest technology available e.g. Google Glass.

At the same time SLI also has the atmosphere of a small family business:
* Staff are allowed to bring their pets into the office
* Despite the recent growth everyone still finds time to sit down together for morning tea
* The VP of Engineering is always buying some new gadget to install in the office

ConsThe only cons I can think I don't get to see many of my colleagues and clients on a daily basis because they are scattered all over the word from San Jose, to New York, Tokyo, London & Melbourne - but on the bright side they are great places to go and visit!

Advice to Senior ManagementIf I was to offer management any words of advice it would be this: "Don't Change!"

Once you go public there is the inevitable restrictions that come as a company increases in size, so my only advice would be don't let this stifle the innovative spirit that has contributed to your success to date.

Amazing Culture with Solid Leadership and Innovative Products

Director of Sales (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

I have been working at SLI Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros: SLI has a really strong culture that works very well around the globe starting with the New Zealand office. People truly care and support… Cons: Lots of opportunities and not enough people to scale faster, however, the HR and leadership teams are very deliberate with hiring to make sure the… Advice to Senior Management: Continue to focus on growth but maintain the culture. It's what sets us… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great product but lacking in senior management support

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at SLI Systems full-time

Pros: Smart product with a lot of ROI and value for their clients. Some very talented team members that are not allowed the opportunity to… Cons: Senior management style was a micromanaged environment with little room… Advice to Senior Management: More opportunity for experienced members of the team to contribute… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on SLI Systems.

Worked for SLI Systems? Contribute to the Community!