There are newer employer reviews for SLI Systems

A breath of fresh air!

Current Employee - Product Manager in Christchurch (New Zealand)
Current Employee - Product Manager in Christchurch (New Zealand)

I have been working at SLI Systems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I came to SLI Systems after working for a very large bricks and mortar corporate for the last 7 years - and haven't looked back once. I don't say this lightly because with a mortgage and young family it was a big decision for me to decide to leave the security of my last job behind, but after one morning at SLI I knew I had made the right decision.

There is a real sense of dynamism:
* Innovation, initiative and self management are not just tolerated but encouraged.
* The client base is always pushing us to do new and exciting things.
* Our competitors look to us for ideas so they are always playing catch up
* Management are always making the latest technology available e.g. Google Glass.

At the same time SLI also has the atmosphere of a small family business:
* Staff are allowed to bring their pets into the office
* Despite the recent growth everyone still finds time to sit down together for morning tea
* The VP of Engineering is always buying some new gadget to install in the office

Cons

The only cons I can think I don't get to see many of my colleagues and clients on a daily basis because they are scattered all over the word from San Jose, to New York, Tokyo, London & Melbourne - but on the bright side they are great places to go and visit!

If I was to offer management any words of advice it would be this: "Don't Change!"

Once you go public there is the inevitable restrictions that come as a company increases in size, so my only advice would be don't let this stifle the innovative spirit that has contributed to your success to date.

8 Other Employee Reviews for SLI Systems (View Most Recent)

Amazing Culture with Solid Leadership and Innovative Products

Current Employee - Director of Sales in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Sales in San Jose, CA

I have been working at SLI Systems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

SLI has a really strong culture that works very well around the globe starting with the New Zealand office. People truly care and support each other professionally and personally. Transparency and trust are high throughout the teams, leadership and globally across offices. The company is also very focused on feedback from customers and look to them to help improve the products and service.

Cons

Lots of opportunities and not enough people to scale faster, however, the HR and leadership teams are very deliberate with hiring to make sure the culture and position are a fit. It's nice that a team will wait to find the right person than just drop a worker in a seat.

Continue to focus on growth but maintain the culture. It's what sets us apart and why I look forward to 5 years and more down the road.

Great product but lacking in senior management support

I worked at SLI Systems full-time

Pros

Smart product with a lot of ROI and value for their clients. Some very talented team members that are not allowed the opportunity to share process or product enhancement ideas. Great place for someone who thrives in a micromanagment styled structure with lots of process. Little room for strategic value to be shared.

Cons

Senior management style was a micromanaged environment with little room for change or strategic value to be provided.

More opportunity for experienced members of the team to contribute to process growth.

There are newer employer reviews for SLI Systems