There are newer employer reviews for SMART Technologies
Featured Review

Great place to work; Glad I heard out the stories of the SMART evolution

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at SMART Technologies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Like most "job seekers" I stumbled across Glass Door and almost skipped the whole SMART interview process due to old reviews and mixed emotions on here. Exceptionally glad that I continued with the interview process, and got to hear about the current culture first hand.

Very pleased with the company.

Pros: Innovative company, that within the last 1-2 years - has brought on a very promising executive leadership group (CEO, Presidents, Directors) and the outlook of the company has never looked so positive.
Company has just won "Best in Class" for New Kapp product.
Being a company of ~500 employees, and new products being developed, it still runs like a start-up mentality in some ways and really allows you the opportunity to grow and develop multiple skills and also see your ideas/creations come to life.

Very open company - where CEO has a very "open communication" policy. Often shocked at how much is shared with all level of employees. It's nice to be involved and included with all parts of the organization. CEO is very accessible - he often starts small talk with people while grabbing morning coffee.

Cons

Cons: There was a big company "refresh" to change the culture when the new CEO came onboard.... SMART did some restructuring to keep industry trends to really be seen as a "tech company" with new innovative ideas and a financially responsible..... there were grumbles from the people who were "set-in-their-ways" and wanted it to be the same company as it was for 25 years....... but the new employees that were hired have an upbeat, welcoming approach and a common goal to work towards shared ideas.

Keep up the great work!

I've worked for some of the corporate tech super-giants.... and I honestly believe that SMART is the tech company that employees will grow the most well-rounded skills and will feel that human-connection instead of just being a number.

reviews filtered by

Good and bad

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at SMART Technologies full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I work with great people who care. Unfortunately product often goes to market when it's not ready. It's a complete fiasco. Product is getting firmware updates in logistic centers and product development continues to make the same stupid mistakes.

Cons

This is a company that invented a market and was able to get away with a lot of poor quality issues. Now the market is catching up and the same culture persists. Something has to change or this company will be gone soon.

Make the product development process far more rigorous.

2. Amazing

I have been working at SMART Technologies

Pros

Great Team to work for

Cons

Old SMART culture of entitlement still lingers

There are newer employer reviews for SMART Technologies