There are newer employer reviews for SMC Corporation

jobs in SMC

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I worked at SMC Corporation

Pros

The culture there is very good

Cons

however, they has a long career path

good company

52 Other Employee Reviews for SMC Corporation (View Most Recent)

What the ?

Current Employee - Sales Account Manager
    Current Employee - Sales Account Manager

I have been working at SMC Corporation

Pros

great product
    easy to sell
    great technical staff

Cons

Upper management in Indianapolis, IN

You are fueling sales people to leave and work for our competitors. You need to invest in the sales force, pay a fair wage, trust them, have a plan for growth, give us a reason to see that we are in this for the long haul We will never truly gain market share, if SMC is only known as a pneumatics training academy. As it stands, the majority of empolyee, at least sales force, don't know when there number is going to be up and let go. That is a horrible signal to send out, as our customers can see it as well. I am a current employee, that works very hard, and make my nembers every quarter, however with the pay the way it is, I have resorted to side jobs, and getting food from the local churches to feed my family.

Get a clue

Former Employee - Sales Account Manager
    Former Employee - Sales Account Manager

I worked at SMC Corporation

Pros

Flexible work schedule that allows a healthy balance between time at work and time at home with your family. Nice coworkers that share common interests and get along

Cons

Flexible schedule allows some employees to get away with working 4-6 hour days. Some are slackers, and others (the smart ones) use their extra time to work a second job that supliments their low salary.

Eliminate non-producing people and reward the people that make SMC profitable. Many years of hiring low-pay, inexperienced sales people, makes it impossible to properly compensate the ones that do the bulk of the work. Rethink Lanchester sales strategy. Don't hire to fulfill a head-count quota. Pay competitive salaries and hire experienced people that are motivated.

There are newer employer reviews for SMC Corporation