SMGI

www.salesandmarketinggroup.com
  www.salesandmarketinggroup.com
There are newer employer reviews for SMGI

If you're serious about your career, great place to get foot in the door

Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in Conshohocken, PA
Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in Conshohocken, PA

I worked at SMGI full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I started in the Philadelphia office fresh out of college with no experience in the workforce. In the short year I spent here, SMGI promoted me to leadership, moved into a brand new corporate office, launched a major campaign for another Fortune 500 client, and was preparing for major regional expansion.

SMGI people work hard and play hard, and every corporate employee is given 2 hours per day of personal development training to take you to the next step of your career. Management is really accessible here, and I scheduled frequent 1-on-1 sessions with them to make sure I was on track for my next promotion. They took a lot of time to understand my life and career goals, and helped me every step of the way.

It's pretty amazing is how many times people hang out together after work. The weekly Team Night is so awesome, even former employees still come out to it! The company has season tickets to every major sports team in the Philadelphia area, and everyone is given the opportunity to enjoy this benefit.

The culture is super fast-paced with lots of opportunities to have fun, so it's easy to enjoy the culture and forget why you're here. Promotions are entirely merit-based, which means that you are in control of when you go to the next level. Lots of bonus money is paid out to people who contribute to growth and expansion.

Cons

SMGI is on the path of continuous, aggressive growth, which can be tough. Starting pay can be low, so you are expected to earn a promotion quickly to increase your income.

38 Other Employee Reviews for SMGI (View Most Recent)

A great place to work!

Current Employee - Area Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Area Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at SMGI full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

SMGI empowers their people and cultivates individuals to help them grow into the smart, innovative people they are. Teamwork is important here, and everyone has a great dynamic with each other. It’s a company filled with people who are passionate about their own success and growing the company. Ideas are welcome, encouraged, and listened to. They care about your success and really give you every opportunity to grow. It’s a very positive and exciting environment to be in, and a unique company to be a part of.

Cons

Hard work, which technically isn't a con, but it can seem like one to someone who has trouble envisioning their long term goals. Definitely not the place for someone who lacks ambition. There is a lot of room to differentiate and get noticed at SMGI, people who aren't afraid to work hard thrive here!

SMGI has a “work hard, play hard” attitude, which the people here thrive off of. Keep the culture as SMGI continues to grow, and continue to reward employees for their hard work and passion towards the business.

Wouldn't trade this team for the world!

Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Conshohocken, PA
    Current Employee - Director of Marketing in Conshohocken, PA

I have been working at SMGI full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've been with this company since 08. We have an awesome team environment, rapid advancement opportunities, and a consistently growing client base.

Since day 1, I've been challenged to push myself to be better. This is a very demanding, fast paced environment. My projects and results are expected to be "world class." If I'm not up to that standard with my work, it's back to the drawing board. While the projects are challenging and the expectations are high, we have a very supportive team. I know I can reach out to any of my superiors for help 24/7. People that are up to the challenge can see success and career progression very quickly comparable to industry standards.

No day is alike here, in any role. Marketing is a constantly changing business....from the entry level positions, to our most senior roles. It's a lot of fun and it keeps you on your toes.

Also, the top people in the company are big sports fans...there are tons of opportunities to win tickets to pretty much any sporting event in Philly you could want to go to.

Cons

If you expect the workload to lighten as you advance in an organization this isn't the place for you. While there are opportunities to move up the ladder for the right people, it isn't in to a "cushy / put your feet up on the desk" type of gig. We're an aggressively growing company and we need our managers to consistently develop their people, improve their projects, and help us chase down our goals.

Keep being open to ideas from your people in regards to your systems and process, but don't ever change the things that make us a kick-ass place to work...culture, comp, and the internal promotion structure!

There are newer employer reviews for SMGI