There are newer employer reviews for SMGI

Couldn't have asked for a better place to work!

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Phila, PA
Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Phila, PA

I have been working at SMGI full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work advancement/opportunity, work environment, and then the pay. This business is full of growth and filled with energetic, fun, reliable people that all work hard to get to the next level of the business. Pay, I have been here for a few months now and my weekly income is on average $900-$1,100 a week. The money is great, but for me, the 'Big Picture' is what I am focused on.

Cons

The hours can be tough, but like I said before, 'Big Picture', work hard now, to play harder later. Also, if you are someone who wants the easy way out, this is not the field for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work in the office by giving all of us the opportunity of a lifetime. We all have the 'down for whatever' mentality, so keep it interesting! I cannot wait to be a part of the growth with SMGI, nationally.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

If you're serious about your career, great place to get foot in the door

Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in Conshohocken, PA
    Former Employee - Corporate Trainer in Conshohocken, PA

I worked at SMGI full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started in the Philadelphia office fresh out of college with no experience in the workforce. In the short year I spent here, SMGI promoted me to leadership, moved into a brand new corporate office, launched a major campaign for another Fortune 500 client, and was preparing for major regional expansion. SMGI people work hard and play hard, and every corporate employee is given 2 hours per day of personal development training to take you to the next step of your career. Management is really accessible here, and I scheduled frequent 1-on-1 sessions with them to make sure I was on track for my next promotion. They took a lot of time to understand my life and career goals, and helped me every step of the way. It's pretty amazing is how many times people hang out together after work. The weekly Team Night is so awesome, even former employees still come out to it! The company has season tickets to every major sports team in the Philadelphia area, and everyone is given the opportunity to enjoy this benefit. The culture is super fast-paced with lots of opportunities to have fun, so it's easy to enjoy the culture and forget why you're here. Promotions are entirely merit-based, which means that you are in control of when you go to the next level. Lots of bonus money is paid out to people who contribute to growth and expansion.

Cons

SMGI is on the path of continuous, aggressive growth, which can be tough. Starting pay can be low, so you are expected to earn a promotion quickly to increase your income.

A great place to work!

Current Employee - Area Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Area Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at SMGI full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

SMGI empowers their people and cultivates individuals to help them grow into the smart, innovative people they are. Teamwork is important here, and everyone has a great dynamic with each other. It’s a company filled with people who are passionate about their own success and growing the company. Ideas are welcome, encouraged, and listened to. They care about your success and really give you every opportunity to grow. It’s a very positive and exciting environment to be in, and a unique company to be a part of.

Cons

Hard work, which technically isn't a con, but it can seem like one to someone who has trouble envisioning their long term goals. Definitely not the place for someone who lacks ambition. There is a lot of room to differentiate and get noticed at SMGI, people who aren't afraid to work hard thrive here!

Advice to Management

SMGI has a “work hard, play hard” attitude, which the people here thrive off of. Keep the culture as SMGI continues to grow, and continue to reward employees for their hard work and passion towards the business.