There are newer employer reviews for SMS Management & Technology

Interesting colleagues

Former Employee - Project Manager in Melbourne (Australia)
Former Employee - Project Manager in Melbourne (Australia)

I worked at SMS Management & Technology full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Decent compensation (despite bad bonus structure), wide variety of interesting projects

Cons

Internally is bureaucratic to get anything done

reviews filtered by

.. It could have be much better

Former Employee - Consultant in Melbourne (Australia)
    Former Employee - Consultant in Melbourne (Australia)

I worked at SMS Management & Technology full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Variety of Tier One clients, Diversity of projects and engagements through various industries, Skillsets of Consultants, Resource sharing

Cons

Bodyshopping style of Consulting, Repetitive clients, Taking on new Graduates to cut costs, Being designated to random projects, Size of the Bench, Budget cuts overall (and for Christmas parties), Failure with international hubs, Always sending people out to clients in the sticks. A Tier Two Consulting firm at best, overall.

Get to know your Consultants better, rather than having them know you. Give the new Consultants a chance to get out there and deliver. Hire for the right season, and not promise projects you cannot win or deliver.

An employer that understands it's people are its value.

I have been working at SMS Management & Technology full-time (more than a year)

Pros

After working for a previous employer who proved to be very removed from their values, I can happy say that SMS and its values are one in the same.

As a company, they understand that their people are there biggest asset and promote a good work life balance.

SMS’s flat structure and its supportive culture ensure that all staff are treated equally. It is not unusual to find my self bumping into the CEO in the elevator and enjoying a chat.

I am a true believer that you get out what you put in. With that in mind, SMS will provide you with countless opportunities and experiences to enhance your career.

Don’t get me wrong, as with all companies there will always be politics and nuances that not everyone will agree with. However in comparison to my previous employers I find that these are very far and in-between at SMS.

If you are willing to put time and effort into your career, want the opportunities for career progression without the politics and games, I can highly recommend SMS.

Cons

Whilst I personally don't see this is a negative, as I stated above, you get out what you put in.

There are newer employer reviews for SMS Management & Technology