SMS Management & Technology

SMS - good clients - good variety

Consultant (Current Employee)
Melbourne (Australia)

I have been working at SMS Management & Technology

ProsThe people are really great ! Since i've been here I have met lots of people from diverse backgrounds with some great experiences and have been able to learn a lot from them. I have been lucky and have been given the opportunity to work on a couple of different clients - in different industries so far. The opportunity to work on Blue Chip clients is great for my CV.

ConsIt's a really flat structure - which means it will take a while to get to a management position - but saying that in the interim I was offered a site lead role and the client experiences are building my profile throughout my practice.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the catch ups with the consultants - I appreciate the opportunity to provide back and it's great that you really take my feedback on board.

Good people, poor management

Consultant (Current Employee)
Melbourne (Australia)

I have been working at SMS Management & Technology

Pros: For the most part you get to work with competent, technically skilled co-workers who know their stuff and are happy to share knowledge (most of… Cons: Poor investment in consultant skills. Zero training budget - more focused on shareholder returns and maximising the bums on seats time. After a number of… Advice to Senior Management: There's little point in giving advice when it won't even be read let alone absorbed. Best bet would be to gain some capacity for self… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

A good company, with a plethora of minor issues that all add up

Senior Consultant Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at SMS Management & Technology

Pros: Good people, good work, a fun culture. A genuinely good company… Cons: Very 'below the line' in consulting terms - few high level management consulting opportunities. Poor senior management, with an incentive… Advice to Senior Management: Encourage management to loosen the control systems on revenue - good people, combined with strong IP will win the work and create the revenue without… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on SMS Management & Technology.

Worked for SMS Management & Technology? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SMS Management & Technology reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SMS Management & Technology CEO Tom Stianos. All reviews posted anonymously by SMS Management & Technology employees.