There are newer employer reviews for SMS

SMS Senior Area Manager

Former Employee - Senior Area Manager in Cincinnati, OH
Former Employee - Senior Area Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at SMS full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Straight commission sales position designed only for driven, high-pressure salespeople. If you are not Alec Baldwin in Glengarry-Glenross, then don't waste your time for the week of training in the Crowne Plaza hotel in North-West Chicago. (Either for SMS or Global Resources.)

Cons

Unless you love running leads set by minimum-wage, South Chicago telemarketers (BC's or Business Coordinators as they call it) and can drink the Burgess Kool-Aid... (search John Burgess and /or Tyler Burgess, IPA, GPS, etc. and judge for yourself.) Marc Eisner leads the week long class you would attend, and even he admits that this is not an opportunity for most... especially if you have a soul.

Retire.

reviews filtered by

They want you to succeed

Current Employee - Senior Area Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Area Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at SMS full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Looking for a good job, SMS-NA is the place. The earning potential is great, I made over 80K my first year, virtually unlimited. Benefits package. Paid every two weeks. Opportunity for promotion, you can stay in sales or move into management.

Cons

Being on the road is stressful and you’re under pressure to close, but that’s the same with any outside sales position.

2. challenging fast paced and emo

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Regional Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at SMS full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

well compensated ....able to feel as though i run my own busines.. open minded company always willing to listen to others suggestions...easy to move up and get promoted with the right work ethic

Cons

have to be self motivated

continue to be supportive and caring

There are newer employer reviews for SMS