SOS Employment Group

www.sosemploymentgroup.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for SOS Employment Group

Great Company to work for. Fun people, challengine environment.

Current Employee - Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at SOS Employment Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Career Recognition, One-Year Watch, Fun Environment

Cons

Limited Mobility, Long Hours, High Stress

Have more promotions or better bonus structure

42 Other Employee Reviews for SOS Employment Group (View Most Recent)

Decent Staffing Agency

Former Employee - General Labor and Assembly in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - General Labor and Assembly in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at SOS Employment Group full-time (less than a year)

Pros

SOS Staffing and the companies they work with are better than some of the other agencies I had the misfortune of working for. I had some major issues with several of the others I used but only had a couple minor ones with this one. They seem to be nice to you and accommodating. I found a permanent position through them after only 5 months.

Cons

The work days and hours can be irregular at times. I seemed to get about 25-35 hours most of the time. I only got a full 40 hours 3 or 4 of the weeks I worked there. They're really careful about not giving you overtime unless absolutely necessary. They seem to forget to call you sometimes when a job assignment is cancelled. This happened to me once and I witnessed it happen to another person who claimed they didn't call him either. It wasn't a big deal for me since the business they sent me to was close to the office and I needed to pick up a check anyway. They will often call you about an open assignment while you're currently on one which is a minor annoyance.

Look into improving your computer system so your staff know when you're on an assignment or to ensure they call everyone when an assignment is cancelled.

I like it here but my job is amazing, so I would.

Current Employee - Home Office Based Field Support Position in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at SOS Employment Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have lots of freedom in my position. I get to focus on what I'd like to work on as long as I respond to the needs of the field, dept and company projects that are going on and get my tasks done in a timely manner. I don't see the need for me to progress into another position but if they'd like me to do something I guess I'd be ok with it but I like what I do more than anything else I've seen out there.

Cons

Communication between upper management and the lower ranks can be weak, I think they focus too much on getting things done themselves rather than leading others to do it, so leadership is lacking. Most staff don't know what the company is up to, I do only because I'm usually involved with the bigger client projects. I've heard it said that favoritism is a problem but maybe I don't see it or they are talking about those that work hard and get rewarded with more work. Each to their own i suppose. I know of many who are not happy about the company but even those seem to enjoy their jobs as it is quite rewarding working on getting people to work and helping clients get projects complete.

Trust your teams. Visit with them. Visit those that you have no reason to. They do not know who you are and your values. Yearly booklets are fine but when those values are not shared from the top down unless they see it in action. If you don't trust us to do the work, we can tell.

There are newer employer reviews for SOS Employment Group