SOS Employment Group

There are newer employer reviews for SOS Employment Group

Lack of Appreciation Disappointing

Current Employee - Warehouse Crew in Payson, UT
Current Employee - Warehouse Crew in Payson, UT

I have been working at SOS Employment Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Gives good overview of companies and available work in local area

Cons

I have worked for 8 months on assignment at one company. A co-worker there - also an SOS employee - has been there almost two years. Both of us make $10 an hour. There has been NO indication that our good work, punctuality and reliability will be rewarded or even acknowledged whatsoever. Nor has there been any inclination shown by SOS branch managers, account reps or anyone at SOS that SOS intends to do so. Not once have we been contacted by an SOS staffer to ask how things are going. After speaking with a somewhat dismissive branch manager (whose apparent lack of empathy, by the way, was a little startling) to ask for an hourly increase, I am now assured that there will be no raises, or even vacation pay for major US holidays. Ever. No matter how long our service on one assignment lasts. It is unconscionable that SOS does not fight for it's workers. It's only obligation is to companies to whom they owe their business. They seem to feel nothing for – nor advocate on behalf of – the workers who make it possible. It makes me sad to be so little regarded. And I am surprised to find myself at such a high level of disappointment in a company whose Employee Handbook states:

“We believe the relationships we form with our associates are just as important as those we form with our clients.”

SOS has some very heavy lifting to do to demonstrate that the above is, in fact, true.

Realize the value your temps provide to you. Your big clients aren't the only thing that keeps you in business.

40 Other Employee Reviews for SOS Employment Group (View Most Recent)

used to be a great place to work

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Kingman, AZ
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Kingman, AZ

I worked at SOS Employment Group full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

HAD great family atmosphere, I would still recommend them, but is was no longer the right place for me.

Cons

I lost a lot of respect for them when "Corporate" decided to micro manage branches, insisting on raising rates, minimize travel to out of the area clients, and prospects, then scold me for not opening more accounts.

I loved the company for it's support of the branches! Most everyone in Corporate knew everyone in the line management level. You were very supportive and instructive as someone new gets started, You should continue that support and when things are working at the branch level, you should not stop that even if it is different than what you do in the big cities.

District Manager

Former Employee - District Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - District Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at SOS Employment Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

HAD a great mentor and leader and then he was transferred to another region

Cons

Terrible upper management and executive leadership, dirty unethical business, managers and leaders sleeping their way to the top

There are newer employer reviews for SOS Employment Group