There are newer employer reviews for SPAR Group

Major disappointment...

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Auburn Hills, MI
Former Employee - Account Manager in Auburn Hills, MI

I worked at SPAR Group

Pros

It's a paycheck. It's pretty wasy to get away with doing very little. To sum it up, it's a lot like working for the federal government...no matter if you're good at your job and go above and beyond or suck at your job and do as little as possible, you're going to get paid the same either way.

Cons

Low compensation, total incompetence of middle and senior management, zero recognition and feedback, very little training, unproductive communication.

Learn your business! Just because you've always done something a certain way doesn't make it "law". Learn the business, look beyond the immediate future and adapt accordingly.

30 Other Employee Reviews for SPAR Group (View Most Recent)

Great place for a first job

Former Employee - Cashier  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Cashier in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at SPAR Group part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent work life balance, very little bleeding into time off. Great place as a first job, learnt a lot.

Cons

Would usually require work on weekends and bank holidays. Can sometimes require lots of manual labor.

Started off well... Then treated like dirt

Former Employee - Sales Assistant  in  Lurgan, Northern Ireland (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Lurgan, Northern Ireland (UK)

I worked at SPAR Group part-time for more than a year

Pros

Very close to home, good wages

Cons

I was part time so obviously was treated like absolute dirt. It seems I was the skivvy who was available to stick on a till for nine hours at a time and left to stand there the whole time doing absolutely nothing and not being given the opportunity to do anything else. Also was forced to mop toilets, hoover mats etc. My job was a Sales Advisor, not a cleaner. The supervisors seemed to have a huge problem with me, shouting at me for walking a meter away from my till and rolling their eyes when I asked for changed for my till and shouting at me for giving pound coins to customers - what else do they want me to hand out? Holidays I had booked off seemed to 'disappear' from the books and I would have to work them. Always accused of taking too long on my breaks as well even though I timed them. Thank God I no longer work for SPAR. It's a shame I was treated badly because the store was a stone's throw away from my house, the most convenient place for me to work. Would never wish anyone the misfortune of working in this store!

Treat everyone equally - don't treat part time workers as though they are an inconvenience.

There are newer employer reviews for SPAR Group

Worked for SPAR Group? Contribute to the Community!