Major disappointment...

Former Employee - Account Manager in Auburn Hills, MI
Former Employee - Account Manager in Auburn Hills, MI

I worked at SPAR Group

Pros

It's a paycheck. It's pretty wasy to get away with doing very little. To sum it up, it's a lot like working for the federal government...no matter if you're good at your job and go above and beyond or suck at your job and do as little as possible, you're going to get paid the same either way.

Cons

Low compensation, total incompetence of middle and senior management, zero recognition and feedback, very little training, unproductive communication.

Advice to Management

Learn your business! Just because you've always done something a certain way doesn't make it "law". Learn the business, look beyond the immediate future and adapt accordingly.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Loved my Job, Hated my Manager

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in York, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant in York, England (UK)

I worked at SPAR Group

Pros

Wonderful staff, fantastic supervisor and assistant manager, good money(if you were given good hours) friendly customers, hub of the community

Cons

If the manager takes a dislike to you then you are basically doomed, manager is a bully, manager is rude to customers, manager threatens staff by keeping staff wanted signs when we didnt need extra. Manager likes to start petty arguments. Manager likes to cut everyones hours back to bare minimum then take on two bottom level members of staff on high contracts.

Advice to Management

Bullying your staff, slamming doors, giving people the silent treatment, swearing, arguing and being a general nasty pasty will not earn you any respect as a competent manager. Customers are noticing and taking their custom elsewhere. Way to go running the shop into the ground

2. Full of Ups and Dons

Former Employee - Customer Advisor in Carrickfergus, Northern Ireland (UK)
    Former Employee - Customer Advisor in Carrickfergus, Northern Ireland (UK)

I worked at SPAR Group part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Its a good business in terms of hours. There is plenty of flexibility from night shift to weekend shifts.

Cons

My Manager had a problem with me taking sundays off.
    Working at the bottom definatley feels like it and it feels like management need to come down and see what its like to work there.

Advice to Management

Do a secret boss visit maybe work a shift in a store to gain more awareness of what your customer advisors deal with on a day to day business!