SPARTA

www.sparta.com

More opportunity for growth

Engineer (Current Employee) Centreville, VA

ProsSparta is very selective with its employees so you are surrounded by a wealth of knowledge. There are opportunities for certain employees to earn big time bonuses during review season. Some of the managers are in tune w/ what makes employees happy and productive, others above them could care less.

ConsNot a lot of opportunity for growth and since they are very selective in their hiring process there isn't a lot of training available.They just expect their employees to know everything. Even with the little time off they give new employees, they expect you to work all the time, even during holidays and inclement weather. Also they are very good at rewarding the top performers but will not reward those just below them.

Advice to Senior ManagementPush more training for employees. More time off (3 weeks including holidays and sick days is tiny). Allow for more upward mobility and cross training.

Management needs work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Columbia, MD

I have been working at SPARTA

Pros: SPARTA pays very well. At least they did before the… Cons: Management seems to be clueless on how to talk to their employees. They are far more… Advice to Senior Management: Train your managers how to manage people. Clearly they already know how to manage software. Please, for… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Unless you are unemployed and any job will do, stay away from SPARTA!!

Data Analyst (Current Employee) Huntsville, AL

I have been working at SPARTA

Pros: Lots of free ice cream and nice offices. Admins seemed very nice… Cons: Management was pig-headed and difficult. Weekly reamings were part of the job I guess as my boss found it necessary to scream, curse and… Advice to Senior Management: Try listening to your employees instead of screaming at them or berating them for things that are beyond their control. Remember, the customer really… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on SPARTA.

Worked for SPARTA? Contribute to the Community!