SPX
www.spx.com Charlotte, NC 5000+ Employees

Unorganized Chaos

Charlotte, NC

I have been working at SPX

ProsIn terms of compensation, SPX pays well, and the benefits are good. The company does business in a number of diverse areas which helps balance out things during unstable times.

ConsManagement tends to be insular, close-minded and resort to old school ways of doing things. There's a strong old boys network at work. They are clueless when it comes to the importance of marketing, social media, diversity and other disciplines that are essential in working in a global market place. This doesn't bode well for a long-term future for the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out of the box. Bring in fresh blood -- particularly in the areas of investor relations and public relations.

Ok, good launching point for a career

Division Controller (Former Employee)
Kansas City, MO

I worked at SPX

Pros: Good corporate structure with great benefits. Cons: Lax in monitoring performance of Division Executives More

The jobs I performed I enjoyed but the poor management was a problem.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Rockford, IL

I worked at SPX

Pros: The tasks and opportunites that I did receive were great. Generally the coworkers (and some… Cons: It was always a fight to expand my own abilities. Accountablity was not… Advice to Senior Management: Pick a path and stick to it. Do not… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on SPX.

Worked for SPX? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SPX reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SPX CEO Chris Kearney. All reviews posted anonymously by SPX employees.