SPX

www.spx.com

Long Road to Improvement

(Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsCompetitive compensation, site management recognizes that there are organizational deficiencies, solid backlog position for at least a year (or more). Building a pool of excellent staff & mid-level management. This will be a great place for someone who has a strong desire to experience grass-roots organizational change in a small-ish group within a large corporation.

ConsThe organizational deficiencies are crippling, management is unable to build or articulate a concensus roadmap to improvement (I believe that they are moving in the right direction, but too slowly to impact 2012 & perhaps 2013). The top-level corporate culture (as stated & communicated from Charlotte) is definitely good & noteworthy, but it has not yet taken root in Houston.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not be afraid of or overly cautious about change; the Houston facility has fantastic potential that can be unlocked with a plan & commitment from management that invites employee participation & input. There is a wealth of knowledge & experience that needs to be transferred from the individual level to the institutional level & it will not happen without more commitment from the top. Be more concerned with building a sustainable set of processes that will allow visibility into next year than with the next month of shipments; the month is important, but at what cost?

Target evolution to an enterprise IT

Program Manager (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

I have been working at SPX full-time for more than a year

Pros: Reasonable benefits and good people who are willing to work… Cons: Reorganize too often and is over matrixed with a lack… Advice to Senior Management: Less is more. Clearly understand what you want and what it… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Ok but recognize your only as good as the next quarter

Sales Account Manager (Current Employee) Detroit, MI

I have been working at SPX

Pros: Flexible, People are friendly. Opportunties to grow Cons: They manage business with short outlook that only extends to the next quarter. Poor benefits, health insurance is self funded and you pay based on… Advice to Senior Management: Manage to the year not the quarter, provide better benefits More
There are newer reviews on SPX.

Worked for SPX? Contribute to the Community!