SPX

www.spx.com

SPX a supplier to all.

Senior Technical Writer (Current Employee) Allen Park, MI

ProsEmployee support. Hands down one of the best HR teams in the industry. There support for employee life & work balance is amazing so far. Benifits and time off is on par with most of the East coast industry. Global opportunities all the time. Large company with small offices aroung the globe. Flexible management team. I have only been with the company for a short time but am satisfied so far.

ConsThe pay scales are far below industry standard for East Coast and I do feel they took advantage of the lack of jobs in Michigan when making offers to employee's and playing the "how bad do you want to work=how little pay will you accept" game.

Lack of direction and/or decision making from the abundance of under educated "middle managers", makes meeting productions times a little tough when the products been delivered and your still figuring out the process (of-course take into account client issues).

Seems a recurring story with SPX from clients I meet, about the flurry of low pay resources thrown at a project with very little direction and no plan in place.

Advice to Senior ManagementX Culture? More like "J" Culture as in categorizing the latter section of the baby boom separately, as Generation Jones (born between 1954 and 1965) More like Want to get "Back to Black"??? Time to take a look at the incredible amount of uneducated under skilled "seasoned" employees you have and where there placed. I would say the average age is 48-52, which happens to currently be a generation who didn't grow up with computers and I know, it's unfortunate but we have to work with it. Had they been factory workers for the Big 3 they would be retiring right now, but instead most were mechanics and some were technicians (yes there is a difference) and now there getting sharepoint mazes and cad software dropped in there laps with maybe 2 days training and it really kills productivity on a daily basis in electronic publishing. Put together a panel and move these guys into positions where there experience can benefit a younger faster employee and increase production. In other words move them out of production and into product/process quality control positions and bring in a younger culture to fuel innovation and speed growth for the future of SPX.

SPX - low stress and low pay in a friendly environment

Technical Editor (Current Employee) Exton, PA

I have been working at SPX

Pros: Low-stress environment, small office, friendly co-workers. Decent office environment. Cons: At SPX there is very low pay - muchlower than the industry standard. It's a former mom and pop shop, with HR offices in the… Advice to Senior Management: Promote the hard workers rather than the popular, extra-friendly and uneducated heavy-lifting types.… More

Accountability is paramount

Director (Former Employee) Allen Park, MI

I worked at SPX

Pros: Flexibility to do your own thing but held accountable for the results. This is a very internationally diverse organization. If you are talented… Cons: SPX was a very numbers oriented culture - I am not sure whether that is still the case with the current senior management in place.… Advice to Senior Management: Frequent and accurate communication from the top will engage employees… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on SPX.

Worked for SPX? Contribute to the Community!