SPX
www.spx.com Charlotte, NC 5000+ Employees

It never got better

Electronic Technician (Former Employee)

I worked at SPX

ProsI thought they gave ample vacation time. We had personal days also to use at our pleasure was a bonus also. Sometimes getting the time off was difficult.

ConsSome areas had so much mandatory overtime, especially at quarter end which always disrupted Christmas. My worst managers were with SPX. Yearly reviews were a time to dread. Positives were seldom addressed and the negatives were stressed. One review was graded as unsatisfactory because the manager wrote I took no classes. When I pointed out I took classes for seven weeks that year they said, "thats right, you did." Regardless, I was not eligible for a raise that year because of their mistake. One manager of mine which I went to HR because of inaccurate reviews was eventually let go for failing the drug test. The HR person agreed the review grade didn't match the review content but told me I had to build a relationship with that manager.
Be prepared to see few raises, issues will be invented if needed.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat level of leadership are you referring ? The leadership at the facility where I worked should be let go. Hire managers that have people skills. Hire managers that are born with ethics and morals and live their lives abiding by them, including their time spent at work.

Good Career Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at SPX

Pros: Benefits were rich, middle management was wonderful in rewarding employees and… Cons: No work/life balance, it was work until you break from… Advice to Senior Management: Be consistent in the way in which you review salary… More

spx

Construction Superintendent (Current Employee)

I have been working at SPX

Pros: pay rate is above average Cons: time away from home sucks Advice to Senior Management: figure a way to keep people in the field involved No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on SPX.

Worked for SPX? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SPX reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SPX CEO Chris Kearney. All reviews posted anonymously by SPX employees.