It never got better

Former Employee - Electronic Technician
Former Employee - Electronic Technician

I worked at SPX

Pros

I thought they gave ample vacation time. We had personal days also to use at our pleasure was a bonus also. Sometimes getting the time off was difficult.

Cons

Some areas had so much mandatory overtime, especially at quarter end which always disrupted Christmas. My worst managers were with SPX. Yearly reviews were a time to dread. Positives were seldom addressed and the negatives were stressed. One review was graded as unsatisfactory because the manager wrote I took no classes. When I pointed out I took classes for seven weeks that year they said, "thats right, you did." Regardless, I was not eligible for a raise that year because of their mistake. One manager of mine which I went to HR because of inaccurate reviews was eventually let go for failing the drug test. The HR person agreed the review grade didn't match the review content but told me I had to build a relationship with that manager.
Be prepared to see few raises, issues will be invented if needed.

Advice to Management

What level of leadership are you referring ? The leadership at the facility where I worked should be let go. Hire managers that have people skills. Hire managers that are born with ethics and morals and live their lives abiding by them, including their time spent at work.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Good Career Experience

I worked at SPX

Pros

Benefits were rich, middle management was wonderful in rewarding employees and mentoring them. However executive management was disengaged from the employee population.

Cons

No work/life balance, it was work until you break from too much stress.

Advice to Management

Be consistent in the way in which you review salary increases, promotion opportunities, etc.

2. spx

Current Employee - Construction Superintendent
    Current Employee - Construction Superintendent

I have been working at SPX

Pros

pay rate is above average

Cons

time away from home sucks

Advice to Management

figure a way to keep people in the field involved