SRA is a nice place to work.

Current Employee - Test Engineer  in  Fairfax, VA
Current Employee - Test Engineer in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at SRA International

Pros

I like interacting and working with other employees within SRA. They offer good training and tuition reimbursement opportunities. The ability to telecommute when needed is nice.

Cons

I do not like that the cost of benefits keep increasing each year. I feel that some of my significant accomplishments are overlooked. The review process does not work perfectly.

Other Reviews for SRA International

Celebrating past glories will only get you so far...

Former Employee - Senior Member of the Professional Staff  in  Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Member of the Professional Staff in Arlington, VA

I worked at SRA International

Pros

SRA has a very casual atmosphere, and a minimal skill set will allow you to obtain a job that you may not be fully qualified for but are willing to develop into, that is, as long as you are willing to accept a salary less than the market average. As a result, this is a great starting point for IT professionals with some knowledge or experience gaps in their resume.

Cons

I agree with all other reviewers who believe that in order to position itself for success, the biggest obstacle the new SRA leadership team must overcome are its own long-term, less-than-dynamic employees that have been milking the company of unwarranted advancement and training opportunities over the past few years. These folks have mastered the art of touting their corporate loyalty and outdated "successes" by exploiting the nepotistic policies the company has traditionally embraced. These folks have been instrumental in the recent demise in both client service and awarded contracts, which in turn has left the company in its current brittle state.

I'm sure you are already well aware SRA is hemorrhaging talent, and those who have left SRA after reaching their limits of professional patience are finding success at your competitors and elsewhere. To return SRA to some "real" glory days, here are a few suggestions by one of those folks who has moved on to something better, but remains concerned for the SRA colleagues who have vowed to stick it out:

Don't ever forget your best staff are those you rarely see or hear of or from. Recognize that the employees that are continuously in your face have the time to be there simply because they aren't doing much of anything else, nor are they liked or are of any benefit to their subordinates. You will most likely not see your best people on a regular basis because they are too busy carrying an excessive burden to overcompensate for either inept coworkers, government employees, or supervisor. You may also have a tendency to forget about them because their clients are satisfied with their performance, however, may not necessarily make an effort to send a commendation, especially those "difficult to please" clients that SRA loves to do business with.

Presenting a counteroffer to a resigning "power hitter," though admirable and appreciated, just doesn't go far enough if you fail to remove the employee from their inept supervisor or outline their path to the future.

Finally, for sanity's sake, overhaul your HR department and install a true leader at their helm who can teach any remaining staff a thing or two about how a real HR department should be run. I agree with the other reviewer who referred to your current HR staff as "a joke."

Good luck SRA. There is still room for you on the beltway if you scrutinize intensely and execute wisely.

SRA International is a good starting place.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I have been working at SRA International

Pros

Good avenue to enter the contracting industry

Cons

Salary is not as competitive as other companies

There are newer employer reviews for SRA International.

Worked for SRA International? Contribute to the Community!