SRA International
www.sra.com Fairfax, VA 5000+ Employees

Turning the Corner

Senior Principal (Current Employee)
Fairfax, VA

I have been working at SRA International full-time for more than 5 years

ProsCompany seems to be turning the corner. Revenues seem a bit down, but the new CEO seems to be "pulling all the levers" to get the company back to it's hay day of high revenues, explosive growth and high morale.

ConsSame management team with some reworks. Upper Management seems to be into theatrics and fluff and not enough substance. We have had multiple rif's, forced layoffs, early retirements and the upper management team seems to be unscathed.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop and train staff.

Middle of the road in many respects

Principal Consultant (Former Employee)
Washington, DC

I worked at SRA International as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: Long history of partnership with Federal government agencies; one of leading integrators; strong culture… Cons: Leadership turnover in the mid-2000s caused much turnover in the ranks...recent private equity investors… Advice to Senior Management: Don't strangle the innovators with indiscriminate cost cutting. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

a great place to get placed on a project, but not to make a career

Technical Director III (Current Employee)
Fairfax, VA

I have been working at SRA International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Highly ethical management with solid reputation (historically) and generally a very healthy respect for work/life balance; career advancement for individuals getting involved at tough projects… Cons: Over-emphasis on projects vs domain areas, making it tough to recruit and retain top talent; many long time veterans… Advice to Senior Management: Place a greater emphasis on career paths and internal mobility. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on SRA International.

Worked for SRA International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SRA International reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SRA International CEO William L. Ballhaus. All reviews posted anonymously by SRA International employees.