SRA International

www.sra.com
  www.sra.com
There are newer employer reviews for SRA International

After a lull, seems to be making a comeback

Current Employee - Project Manager in Herndon, VA
Current Employee - Project Manager in Herndon, VA

I have been working at SRA International full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

wide variety of career paths. Affordable healthcare benefits. Line employees do not get caught up in headquarters troubles. Managers focused on employees, clients, and mission.

Cons

Raises have been very weak in the last few years as economy and government spending have dried up.

455 Other Employee Reviews for SRA International (View Most Recent)

My experience has been positive, tough, challenging, but fair.

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Rockville, MD

I have been working at SRA International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Here are some of the best reasons to work for SRA in my opinion: Flexible schedules, partial or full telecommuting available for some jobs (working from home), and domestic partner health insurance

Cons

I know this seems very petty, but one con, in my opinion, involves not enough of celebrating the employees themselves. For example, I would like to have at least one monthly celebration for all the folks with birthdays in that particular month.

Since SRA is a bigger company from the one I worked at previously, it seems a bit more scattered and unorganized. Some of the folks in leadership positions seem to need a little more 'hands on experience' with the day-to-day activities so they have a better understanding of what is going on.

Contract Support Staff

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Bethesda, MD

I have been working at SRA International full-time

Pros

Civic minded company with a high value on integrity. Company has some positive educational opportunities and gives voice to a desire to grow employees.

Cons

Working at customer site away from corporate office causes a measure of "disconnect" with the company. Salary increase was small for many on contract, and there are some management personality issues - managers that seem to not be aware of what is going on or who renig or fail to follow through on verbal "commitments". Administrative/HR processes need a lot of work.

Don't get so lost in the project that you lose sight of employee morale. Follow through on commitments to staff. Be consistent. For corporate management, improve HR -the recruitment process, benefits support, training, and other administrative functions are a mess.

There are newer employer reviews for SRA International