Started out good but went downhill near the end

Former Employee - Senior Member of the Professional Staff  in  Fairfax, VA
Former Employee - Senior Member of the Professional Staff in Fairfax, VA

I worked at SRA International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Really liked the company, culture and benefits the first few years.

Cons

Started going downhill the last 2-3 years and the opportunities began drying up. Company does not care how long you have been there - when the contract you are on is over, you need to "interview" again within the company for a different project and they may or may not select you, and even if they do, the new contract may not afford to pay you. I have seen this happen to several people and cannot believe that SRA would not make up the difference in pay.

It's also very difficult to switch projects within the company. So be sure that you get into the right project to begin with.

Can be very bureaucratic and may involve lots of paperwork to do the simplest of things.

My ratings is for the current time, not when I started working there. When I started out, I would rate it 4-5 stars.

Need to reward loyal employees that have contributed to the company for many years instead of pushing them out when the new contracts cannot afford them.

Other Reviews for SRA International

Heading wrong way

Current Employee - Senior Engineer  in  Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Arlington, VA

I have been working at SRA International full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Wonderful tradition, great people, some great opportunities

Cons

Post buyout culture is gone and management doesnt care

Great place to work, wrong time to be in federal consulting

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Arlington, VA

I have been working at SRA International full-time for more than a year

Pros

40-hour work week depending where you work within the company, other sectors/clients require longer hours (beware of of the growth group) but in general the firm encourages a fair work-life balance. People are smart, friendly, and the corporate culture is very relaxed and executives seem genuinely concerned with how the average worker perceives policy initiatives. Plenty of training opportunities and decent tuition reimbursement program.

Cons

Unclear promotion path, poor to mediocre pay increases, small or nonexistent bonuses.

Encourage high performers to stay with the firm by rewarding their hard work with benefits such as comp time, bonuses, or special training opportunities.

There are newer employer reviews for SRA International.

Worked for SRA International? Contribute to the Community!