There are newer employer reviews for SRA International

Good place if you like contracting

Current Employee - Instructional Designer in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Instructional Designer in Washington, DC

I have been working at SRA International full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great professional people to work with. Interesting clients

Cons

The process of finding another project to work on when yours comes to an end. I am tired of every year or two spending a couple months wondering if another project is coming along that I can work on.

reviews filtered by
  1. Helpful and responsive

I worked at SRA International full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed the response I received from HR on any questions I had. The management was very helpful in getting me settled into the job and addressing any concerns I had but I was stuck with a job that wasn't as described and was forced to work graveyard shift. Health benefits are good and they have a great incentive program to where I got $200 in Visa Gift cards for being fit! I'm sure if you're lucky enough to actually work at SRA in Arlington or Fairfax, the job is more secure for the long-term compared to working on a contract. After one year, you're able to apply for other jobs that interest you. You can accrue leave hours for each pay period. 401k matching.

Cons

Job title didn't match the level of work. I was interviewed thinking I was being hired for an entry-level position for a specific field of study and was asked questions that pertained to it but learned later on that the job was completely different than what I had depicted. There was no sick leave offered. As with any defense contractor, being caught up in the contract to where you dislike the on-site work but have no concerns with employer that's paying you. You'll have three different lines of management from the gov't side, contractor on site, and contractor employer that's cutting you the check.

Work on finalizing accurate job advertisements for shifts, job requirements and descriptions.

2. Great Work Environment!

Former Contractor - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC
    Former Contractor - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC

I worked at SRA International as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

I was on contract but greatly enjoyed working for my Project Manager and also enjoyed the flexibility and support provided by the leadership.

Cons

The company was experiencing significant changes and enduring an acquisition, which did not allow for as many growth opportunities.

There are newer employer reviews for SRA International