There are newer employer reviews for SRA International

Good place if you like contracting

Current Employee - Instructional Designer in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Instructional Designer in Washington, DC

I have been working at SRA International full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great professional people to work with. Interesting clients

Cons

The process of finding another project to work on when yours comes to an end. I am tired of every year or two spending a couple months wondering if another project is coming along that I can work on.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Helpful and responsive

I worked at SRA International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed the response I received from HR on any questions I had. The management was very helpful in getting me settled into the job and addressing any concerns I had but I was stuck with a job that wasn't as described and was forced to work graveyard shift. Health benefits are good and they have a great incentive program to where I got $200 in Visa Gift cards for being fit! I'm sure if you're lucky enough to actually work at SRA in Arlington or Fairfax, the job is more secure for the long-term compared to working on a contract. After one year, you're able to apply for other jobs that interest you. You can accrue leave hours for each pay period. 401k matching.

Cons

Job title didn't match the level of work. I was interviewed thinking I was being hired for an entry-level position for a specific field of study and was asked questions that pertained to it but learned later on that the job was completely different than what I had depicted. There was no sick leave offered. As with any defense contractor, being caught up in the contract to where you dislike the on-site work but have no concerns with employer that's paying you. You'll have three different lines of management from the gov't side, contractor on site, and contractor employer that's cutting you the check.

Advice to Management

Work on finalizing accurate job advertisements for shifts, job requirements and descriptions.

2. Best Job Ever. They took a chance and I stepped up

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I have been working at SRA International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture throughout the company is second to none. Dynamic, cordial, professional, talented, and not oppressive. Good benefits and a great community charity culture. Good work, life balance in most sectors, depending on clients and customers. Many opportunities to expand knowledge and talent. High expectations for product delivery to the customer.
    Very diverse backgrounds up and down the ladder. No restriction on sharing ideas and the culture really stretches each professional. Everyone is encouraged to step outside their comfort zone, although the company general is risk averse.

Cons

Organizational stove-pipes. Difficult to transition between silo's. The revenue model is built on back-log of work for client professional services. Since the company does not produce any tangible article, brain-power and expertise are the order of the day. Looking for new problems to solve can be a tedious process given the competition and the landscape of potential.

Advice to Management

Take care of your talent. It rarely takes much to hold onto your talent; pat on the back, recognition, lunch, day off, bonus, recognition in front of others. People rarely stay at any company just for the money. Meaningful work, a chance to make a difference, appreciation for effort expended. Positive atmosphere.