SRA International
www.sra.com Fairfax, VA 5000+ Employees

Best Job Ever. They took a chance and I stepped up

Arlington, VA

ProsThe culture throughout the company is second to none. Dynamic, cordial, professional, talented, and not oppressive. Good benefits and a great community charity culture. Good work, life balance in most sectors, depending on clients and customers. Many opportunities to expand knowledge and talent. High expectations for product delivery to the customer.
Very diverse backgrounds up and down the ladder. No restriction on sharing ideas and the culture really stretches each professional. Everyone is encouraged to step outside their comfort zone, although the company general is risk averse.

ConsOrganizational stove-pipes. Difficult to transition between silo's. The revenue model is built on back-log of work for client professional services. Since the company does not produce any tangible article, brain-power and expertise are the order of the day. Looking for new problems to solve can be a tedious process given the competition and the landscape of potential.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your talent. It rarely takes much to hold onto your talent; pat on the back, recognition, lunch, day off, bonus, recognition in front of others. People rarely stay at any company just for the money. Meaningful work, a chance to make a difference, appreciation for effort expended. Positive atmosphere.

Good place if you like contracting

Instructional Designer (Current Employee)
    Washington, DC

I have been working at SRA International full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Great professional people to work with. Interesting clients Cons: The process of finding another project to work on when yours comes to an end. I am tired of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Helpful and responsive

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at SRA International full-time for less than a year

Pros: I enjoyed the response I received from HR on any questions I had. The management was very helpful in getting me settled into the job… Cons: Job title didn't match the level of work. I was interviewed thinking I was being hired for an entry-level position for a specific field… Advice to Senior Management: Work on finalizing accurate job advertisements for shifts, job requirements… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on SRA International.

Worked for SRA International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at SRA International reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for SRA International CEO William L. Ballhaus. All reviews posted anonymously by SRA International employees.