SRA International

www.sra.com

Over Its Head

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Fairfax, VA

ProsSRA was a leader with a recognizable name in the federal government systems integrator space. It still has the name recognition so current employees can use that in pursuing their next opportunity.

ConsThe company's acquisition by a venture capital firm (Provident Equity Partners) has compelled executive leadership to compromise the honest and integrity that once made the company great. The company's leave plan has been reduced significantly. Leave have been taken away from the more tenured employees. Severance plan was reduced significantly. Internal Mobility is ineffective. There has been a 3 year drought in winning large proposals and a trend in losing major contracts re-competes. There is an urgency to meet investors revenue goals that has placed pressure on employees at the project level as everyone is being asked to do more with less. This environment is a pressure cooker with little employee engagement or incentive beyond a paycheck.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management has communicated the state of the company and its vision however on the ground at the project level the message is we've reduced or have taken away benefits, but it's this way with our competitors too so work hard and be glad in this economy you still have a job. There has to be a better message to get the buy in from employees to perform at a higher level.

Technically strong company with nice people, but lacking some in company culture.

Software Engineer (Former Employee) Fairfax, VA

I worked at SRA International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: One of the best companys in the region, tecnically strong… Cons: more team building, volunteer activities. very bad with project transtion. Advice to Senior Management: high more young employees More

Good Company

Senior Network Engineer (Current Employee) Bethesda, MD

I have been working at SRA International full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: - Management seems to care and resolve any issues or concerns that you may have - Salary is competitive - Company does a good job keeping you… Cons: -Actual work environment reflects the client site's ethic for those on contracts - Client and bottom line trump employee wants or concerns - Off-Site Vendor training is… Advice to Senior Management: -Pay for your employees to train on the latest and greatest regardless… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on SRA International.

Worked for SRA International? Contribute to the Community!