SRA International

www.sra.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for SRA International

Great culture and a strong commitment to the growth of employees.

Current Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at SRA International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

An opportunity to do a lot of different types of work, great people who have been there for many years, gives back to the community frequently, engages younger employees effectively, good salaries for entry level college grads.

Cons

Things have changed since they were bought, and benefits have decreased. Isn't a particularly innovative company and seems risk averse. In some parts of the company it is significantly easier to get promoted than in others, resulting in some imbalances.

Movement around the company is easy, but needs to be better aligned with market value salaries in order to prevent people from leaving.

476 Other Employee Reviews for SRA International (View Most Recent)

Strung along as a free bench as a recent college grad

Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Reston, VA

I worked at SRA International full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Got placed into a great area at SRA. Everyone I worked with was nice and I had my own office right out of college.

Cons

I was promised a job right after graduation and did not actually get placed into a paying position for 6 months.

Learn how to compete with other similar companies, especially with new hires right out of college.

I left as soon as I could

Former Employee - Senior Member of the Professional Staff in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Member of the Professional Staff in Arlington, VA

I worked at SRA International full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Nice people most of the time. I worked there for eight years and still cherish many of the friendships I made there.

Cons

Where to start...whatever the opposite of a merit-based culture is, SRA has it. Being a solid performer has zero rewards. Advancement is based solely upon someone in management liking you personally. Benefits were getting cut like mad when I left, and I've heard it's getting worse. Pay sucks compared to competitors. I got more than a 20% increase when I left for another company.

You need to pay for the talent. Focus on your most talented people and build their careers instead of trying to create some big tent of happiness that coddles idiots. Stop promoting people based on how cute they are, how often they bring cookies, or how many volunteer events they attended.

There are newer employer reviews for SRA International