SRA International

www.sra.com
  www.sra.com
There are newer employer reviews for SRA International

Great culture and a strong commitment to the growth of employees.

Current Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at SRA International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

An opportunity to do a lot of different types of work, great people who have been there for many years, gives back to the community frequently, engages younger employees effectively, good salaries for entry level college grads.

Cons

Things have changed since they were bought, and benefits have decreased. Isn't a particularly innovative company and seems risk averse. In some parts of the company it is significantly easier to get promoted than in others, resulting in some imbalances.

Movement around the company is easy, but needs to be better aligned with market value salaries in order to prevent people from leaving.

446 Other Employee Reviews for SRA International (View Most Recent)

Strung along as a free bench as a recent college grad

Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Reston, VA

I worked at SRA International full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Got placed into a great area at SRA. Everyone I worked with was nice and I had my own office right out of college.

Cons

I was promised a job right after graduation and did not actually get placed into a paying position for 6 months.

Learn how to compete with other similar companies, especially with new hires right out of college.

Poor Project management and Customer Management

Former Employee - IT Project Manager
    Former Employee - IT Project Manager

I worked at SRA International full-time

Pros

Nice people. Qualified and dedicated. OK salary.

Cons

In spite of having similar contracts, could not borrow IT processes and standards used on similar projects. According to one of my superiors, when they rasied concerns with project, client, resource management - their management "dismissed" the concerns, said (paraphrased) "...deal with it..." instead of offering any intervention, contract re-negotiations, or any True help. Sorry - I was not impressed, it was liking working with kids out of college.

Take more ownership and be more accountable for projects that are in trouble. By ignoring problems you are telling your employees that you Do Not Care about them; and by letting problems continue you are telling your customers that you really Do Not Care about their success.

There are newer employer reviews for SRA International