There are newer employer reviews for SRA International

SRA NOT THE SAME AFTER PRIVATE EQUITY FIRM BUYOUT

Former Employee - IT Developer in Virginia Beach, VA
Former Employee - IT Developer in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at SRA International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

This company pays a decent wage. Delivers training into other fields of study via their SRA proprietary training model.

Cons

The Program Managers do not take care for their employees. The Program Managers failed to relocate many colleagues after contract losses.

Foster a team environment. Visit your sites at least once a month. Create a Business Management team to offset any contract losses by creating new business and keeping your existing employee talent.

432 Other Employee Reviews for SRA International (View Most Recent)

SRA

Current Employee - Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at SRA International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Work/Life balance
    Competent Managers
    Core Values
    Leadership Communications

Cons

Compensation
    Care for employees
    Bonuses
    Opportunities for Growth
    Training opportunities

Everything was better when SRA was a publicly traded company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

I worked at SRA International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Former project manager backed up his people, and managed the customers frequently unreasonable moving target demands. I would say 90% of the customer's changes were not due to operational needs but due to political and career agendas.
    As far as benefits, I they had good medical and vision insurance if you were on the standard plan (the second class plan). Spot bonuses. The people I worked with were extremely dedicated and talented. The wellness programs were very helpful and actually worked. Hours were flexible and telecommuting was allowed.

Cons

New owners are demanding profits before service and destroying the company's time honored mission of Honesty and Service. In order to compete, salaries on some re-compete contracts are being slashed on average 30%. Unfortunately the percentage amount that was slashed depended on who you were.

Benefits slashed as well for those who stayed on for the re-compete contract, as employees were moved to a third class benefit plan. Medical premiums for some more than doubled, which was obscene considering some people lost at least 1/3 of their paycheck. I believe that telecommuting was banned by the new PM after the re-compete contract went into effect.

Environment is toxic to those who have stayed, as verbal confrontations are happening on a regular basis. In the past those were very rare events. Before I left, I had to keep music or some other white noise generator on to keep from hearing what the new PM was saying from inside his office which was quite a bit away from my office. Current project manager does not manage customers expectations at all, and instead is quite willing to launch into verbal tirades against employees for being unable to meet impossible demands with moving targets.

Only those who are willing to go into management positions have any real career advancement opportunities. If you're a person who doesn't care for being a manager but wants to advance technically, look elsewhere.

Instead of focusing on prepping the company for yet another sale to another company or investment group, focus on your people. After all if it wasn't for them, you would not have a business. The founder before the sale understood that. Walk the walk, don't just talk.

There are newer employer reviews for SRA International