SRA International

www.sra.com
  www.sra.com
There are newer employer reviews for SRA International

Can be a good or bad experience - Depends on your role in the company

Current Employee - Senior Business Systems Analyst in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Senior Business Systems Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at SRA International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There is healthcare coverage for domestic partners, telecommuting option for some employees, flexible work schedule, freedom to complete work without a lot of micromanaging (depends on your supervisor), the clients we work for are impressive, lots of diversity among employees, long contracts provide for steady work for a good amount of time.

Cons

Vacation days have decreased, healthcare is more expensive and benefits have decreased, the maximum amount of PTO (paid time off) has been capped lower - for example, employees may earn only 1x their annual cap before they can no longer accrue PTO, whereas last year, employees could earn 1.5x their annual cap. There is a distinct separation between workers who are familiar with the product (the software, program details, etc) and the management who seem to not know much about the product. The company is so large that it is hard to get assistance from your leadership, and those from HQ (in Fairfax, VA) never visit the remote sites, even if the remote site is only miles away. They are always busy and their commitments seem to be to please their own leadership. Leadership is very male heavy, and I still believe women are paid less than men for the same roles. My company was acquired by SRA a few years ago; we had an all female leadership staff, and everyone believed they were excellent, however, when SRA took over, all of the women were either fired, pressured to leave, or taken off the project and replaced with men. Excellent, knowledge, and extremely talented folks were dismissed/ignored/treated poorly, and it seemed that leadership brought in their own "crew". There is no logical or effective mentor/mentee program, as in my last company. In SRA, if you are chosen to have one, you are assigned a mentor who you don't know/have never met/has no knowledge of your project. You contact them, and they don't know what to say to you & ask you to lead the conversation (Keep in mind that you didn't ask for a mentor, but you are just assigned one) - therefore, what use are they? Lastly, if leadership doesn't feel you are important enough, they will not introduce you to client personnel, even if you are all attending a meeting together! All the men will huddle and talk together, and the one or two females are ignored by their own team leadership in front of the client.

Do whatever you can to hold on to the talented, dedicated and passionate workers; Otherwise, expect them to leave and soon become our competitors. Give more teleworking options and more spot bonuses.

452 Other Employee Reviews for SRA International (View Most Recent)

Morale is very low...apply elsewhere

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Arlington, VA

I have been working at SRA International full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Enjoy working with and being inspired by clients and colleagues

Cons

During 2012-2013, many benefits were significantly cut or eliminated in a piecemeal fashion so it felt like the pain was never going to end! Everyone was always on edge waiting for the next shoe to drop.

Please be more proactive to course-correct errors including those related to the performance and bad decisions of senior leaders and executives.

Great early career company

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Washington, DC

I worked at SRA International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I met some great people at SRA when I was just starting out. They gave me a chance to learn and to grow. I worked directly with developers and onsite at the customer (what might also be considered a con). I was able to work independently and corporate allowed the team to do the same.

Cons

The company has changed a lot since I was there. I understand there are less opportunities for advancement and career growth. While there, I was working to get my feet wet and it was great. For those more senior in their career, it may not be a good fit.

There are newer employer reviews for SRA International