SRA International

www.sra.com

Poor HR Team

Current Employee - Human Resources Business Partner  in  Fairfax, VA
Current Employee - Human Resources Business Partner in Fairfax, VA

Pros

I get a paycheck. If you are lucky you support a good team with professional managers.

Cons

The HR team reorganized in 2012 and 2013. The HR leaders use this opportunity to promote and keep employees they personally like. For both reorg, HRBPs (including new hires who are 2 months in the company) were asked to apply and interview if they are interested in staying. This left a bad taste and I'm looking to leave soon as I find another opportunity. I'm concerned applying for my job will be an annual event and if I become unpopular with the HR managers, I'm out.

Respect your employees and stop the backstabbing. There's a reason HR has high turnover at the manager and employee level.

Other reviews for SRA International

Great company when I joined -- Began a dive when new management took over

Former Employee - Senior Principal  in  Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Principal in Arlington, VA

Pros

Great people who work hard and collaborate well. There is a sense of pride in "Honesty and Service" and many in the company do considerable service work outside work time.

Cons

New management is more interest in protecting 7 figure salaries and caring for employees. Benefits cuts drove many people away include those who were very skilled in winning new business. Many of the changes are driven by management's wish to pay off the debt and sell the company -- if there is much of a company left to sell

Give up your 7 figure salaries and bonuses and rebuild the company's benefits

Not as great as they once were.

Pros

They do business with the government and military so they do tend to have many positions available. Positions that are available are close to where I live.

Cons

Since they were bought out by a holding company, they've become less and less about their people and more about the bottom line. I keep hearing how great pay and benefits once were, but that is definitely not the case now. Pay is on the low-end and, they've cut back to six holidays a year and changed the 401k plan so that they won't add anything to matching until the end of the year...if you leave, you lose. When problems were brought up to local corporate office they were largely ignored and management essentially told employees that they were ungrateful.

Show some compasion. I understand having to tell folks that certain industries are going through rough times, but to say things like "this is the way it is, take or go work for someone else where you'll probably see a pay drop" is not the way to tell people.

There are newer employer reviews for SRA International.

Worked for SRA International? Contribute to the Community!