SRA International

There are newer employer reviews for SRA International

Poor HR Team

Current Employee - Human Resources Business Partner in Fairfax, VA
Current Employee - Human Resources Business Partner in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at SRA International full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I get a paycheck. If you are lucky you support a good team with professional managers.

Cons

The HR team reorganized in 2012 and 2013. The HR leaders use this opportunity to promote and keep employees they personally like. For both reorg, HRBPs (including new hires who are 2 months in the company) were asked to apply and interview if they are interested in staying. This left a bad taste and I'm looking to leave soon as I find another opportunity. I'm concerned applying for my job will be an annual event and if I become unpopular with the HR managers, I'm out.

Respect your employees and stop the backstabbing. There's a reason HR has high turnover at the manager and employee level.

448 Other Employee Reviews for SRA International (View Most Recent)

A tech company of mediocre talent and wandering leadership.

Current Employee - Software Developer in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Columbia, MD

I have been working at SRA International full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

SRA has contracts in a wide range of government agencies. They tend to be a company that does value honesty and service.

Cons

SRA has poor leadership that is focused solely on financial performance. The CEO tends to talk the talk, but when decisions are made it always comes down on the side of financials. The benefits package continues to decline. Each time management says this is the last cut another cut comes along a couple of months later. SRA is a low-end IT shop for the most part rather than a company that looks for hard challenges. The biz dev lacks focus, it's more along the lines of try to go after every opportunity regardless of whether we have the expertise or not.

Return to the roots of what Ernst created the company for.

Not as great as they once were.

I have been working at SRA International full-time

Pros

They do business with the government and military so they do tend to have many positions available. Positions that are available are close to where I live.

Cons

Since they were bought out by a holding company, they've become less and less about their people and more about the bottom line. I keep hearing how great pay and benefits once were, but that is definitely not the case now. Pay is on the low-end and, they've cut back to six holidays a year and changed the 401k plan so that they won't add anything to matching until the end of the year...if you leave, you lose. When problems were brought up to local corporate office they were largely ignored and management essentially told employees that they were ungrateful.

Show some compasion. I understand having to tell folks that certain industries are going through rough times, but to say things like "this is the way it is, take or go work for someone else where you'll probably see a pay drop" is not the way to tell people.

There are newer employer reviews for SRA International