SRA International

www.sra.com

Used to be a wonderfully employee-focused company, less so now

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsMany opportunities for training - online (SkillPort), WebEx, SRA University, Books 24x7. SRA's Capabilities Centers and Communities of Practice give opportunities to learn about new technologies and network with people in far-flung parts of the company.
SRA is serious about doing *useful* performance appraisals to really help the employee improve and grow, not just to check a box to say it's done.
No one can say the company is in a rut when it comes to trying new approaches to strengthen the business and the leadership.
SRA dealt with the effects of the Oct. 2013 government shutdown much better than many competitor companies.
The people I work with are smart, collaborative, hard-working, and focused on doing what's best for our customer. I'm proud and happy to work with them.

ConsSenior management's decisions over the past 18-24 months to reduce benefits, reorganize the company, and lay off people in certain areas, all in the name of making the company more competitive, have hurt morale and caused some excellent people to leave the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen Bill Ballhaus first joined SRA as CEO, I was very impressed with his willingness to answer questions during his quarterly "town hall" employee meetings, and his commitment to being transparent about senior management's decisions and directions for the company. But the latest round of upper management layoffs in December 2013 was done with no context and no explanation beyond "consolidation," and many people are very upset about it.

Bring back the transparency.
Explicitly connect the dots for the rest of us, to demonstrate how your decisions to make SRA more competitive and to invest in people dedicated to growth/business development have benefited the company through new and re-competed contracts.

great people, tough market

Project Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at SRA International full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The project team personnel are all great. Likewise, the majority of the mid-to-upper management staff is… Cons: Unfortunately, changes to HR policies over the past year or two have had… Advice to Senior Management: Obtain input and buy-in from project teams before implementing new--or… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Has its ups and downs

I have been working at SRA International

Pros: Compensation is relatively high, and benefits are decent. … Cons: Lots of people are being let go with the slow-down in govt spending. … Advice to Senior Management: Quit taking things away and giving us a sob story. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on SRA International.

Worked for SRA International? Contribute to the Community!