SRA International

www.sra.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for SRA International

worst company you could work with, a 100% body shop

I worked at SRA International full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I can't see anything good here. Unless you are in the management level, your environment is totally subject to your client. SRA will not keep you one day if your client doesn't pay SRA. I do see some good colleagues here, but they seem to be here for retirement.

Cons

low salary, almost 0 benefit, your job security is 0. You feel you lost in the middle of nowhere. When you need help, GOOGLE is your best friend, not your boss or colleagues.

work harder if you want to stay in business

476 Other Employee Reviews for SRA International (View Most Recent)

Used to be a wonderfully employee-focused company, less so now

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at SRA International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Many opportunities for training - online (SkillPort), WebEx, SRA University, Books 24x7. SRA's Capabilities Centers and Communities of Practice give opportunities to learn about new technologies and network with people in far-flung parts of the company.
    SRA is serious about doing *useful* performance appraisals to really help the employee improve and grow, not just to check a box to say it's done.
    No one can say the company is in a rut when it comes to trying new approaches to strengthen the business and the leadership.
    SRA dealt with the effects of the Oct. 2013 government shutdown much better than many competitor companies.
    The people I work with are smart, collaborative, hard-working, and focused on doing what's best for our customer. I'm proud and happy to work with them.

Cons

Senior management's decisions over the past 18-24 months to reduce benefits, reorganize the company, and lay off people in certain areas, all in the name of making the company more competitive, have hurt morale and caused some excellent people to leave the company.

When Bill Ballhaus first joined SRA as CEO, I was very impressed with his willingness to answer questions during his quarterly "town hall" employee meetings, and his commitment to being transparent about senior management's decisions and directions for the company. But the latest round of upper management layoffs in December 2013 was done with no context and no explanation beyond "consolidation," and many people are very upset about it.

Bring back the transparency.
    Explicitly connect the dots for the rest of us, to demonstrate how your decisions to make SRA more competitive and to invest in people dedicated to growth/business development have benefited the company through new and re-competed contracts.

great people, tough market

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at SRA International full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The project team personnel are all great. Likewise, the majority of the mid-to-upper management staff is supportive and provides solid leadership. The clients we support have exciting missions that provide great job satisfaction.

Cons

Unfortunately, changes to HR policies over the past year or two have had a negative impact on employee morale and have significantly reduced efficiency in administrative procedures.

Obtain input and buy-in from project teams before implementing new--or changing existing--HR policies and procedures.

There are newer employer reviews for SRA International