There are newer employer reviews for SRA International

The Titanic and the Costa Concordia.

Current Employee - Vice President in Fairfax, VA
Current Employee - Vice President in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at SRA International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good mission driven work and the company truly values its clients.

Cons

Top Management shows no clear direction for the company, benefits are being cut, jobs being lost and our strategy for growth is boxes, sqaures, triangles and circles on a chart with no clear direction as to how we sustain the business, win and grow. This place is not what it used to be and will never be the same as long as the current regime is running things.

Advice to Management

I can't offer any. Just waiting to see when/if the company will be sold and to whom and at what cost. The management is in this for themselves. Large payouts to the CEO who clearly had no experience leading and growing a company like the great brand SRA used to be. Watching and waiting. The best leadership potential for this company is somewhere else.

Other Employee Reviews for SRA International

1. Challenging times

I worked at SRA International full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I had many opportunities for career growth and training while at SRA. I moved around to different areas, and the experience I gained there helped me get to where I am now. The business teams varied greatly between the sectors or units or whatever term the latest re-org had you using, but there were some really good ones.

Cons

SRA has been shrinking and this has caused decreases in benefits and several rounds of lay-offs over the past several years. Areas that were doing well are not as well recognized for their efforts due to the heavy losses in other parts of the business, which is demotivating.

Advice to Management

The C-Suite has done a much better job at being transparent and delivering the hard messages. But seriously, stop re-organizing every 6 months. It is confusing and contributes to people feeling disconnected.

Just an ok place

I worked at SRA International full-time

Pros

Some decent opportunties if you know the right leaders and can get plugged in. Typical big company pros...lots of projects to migrate too if you get bored.

Cons

Very easy to get lost in the crowd. Typically government contractor SETA work; not very rewarding or interesting

Advice to Management

Dispense with the good old boys club mentality. Get some new blood up there!